Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been sucking up the O/T like rosie o'donald at an all you can eat buffet so I aint had time to read the conspericy news....but this caught my eye. Oh by the way...this pay check..according to doglips math...will be $50 short of double what I made on salery :) Only took 4 days for the Big dogs to call me and ask for some "help" on a few things....first few calls were free....after that I started doing my best Marlan Brando Impersanation....you want a favor..but usss guys come eempty handed... so for got a .75 cent per hour raise, company cell, pager and keys back to the office....few more weeks and I'll get the company car back :)

Report: FBI Informant Was Hijackers' Roommate
NewsMax Staff
Monday, Sept. 9, 2002
The latest twist in the who-knew-what-when 9-11 saga: an FBI informant was the San Diego roommate of two hijackers, Khalid Almihdhar and Nawaf Alhazmi, members of the terror team which attacked the Pentagon, according to a report in Newsweek.
Just days after 9-11, the informant heard the names of the Pentagon hijackers and called his FBI case agent. "I know those guys,†the informant reportedly said, referring to Almihdhar and Alhazmi. "They were my roommates.â€

According to the Newsweek report, the FBI acknowledges that a San Diego case agent appears to have been aware that Saudi visitors were renting rooms in the informant’s house.

Furthermore, sources told Newsweek that the informant was a "tested†undercover "asset†who had been working closely with the FBI office in San Diego on terrorism cases related to Hamas.

At one point the case agent called up the informant and was told he couldn’t talk because "Khalid†was in the room.

Almihdhar and Alhazmi were in San Diego to take flight school lessons.

In September 2000, the two moved into the informant’s home, a Muslim man who met the two terrorists at a local Islamic Center. According to the Newsweek report, the informant often prayed with the two terrorists and helped one open a bank account.

Not long after the October 2000 bombing of the USS Cole in Yemen, CIA analysts realized that Tawfiq bin Attash, a key suspect in the deadly Cole attack, had been photographed with Almihdhar and Alhazmi.

Finally, in August 2001, the CIA sent out cables to law enforcement targeting the two men as "possible†terrorists.

Not since the Coleen Rowley revelations of May 21 has the malleable storyline of FBI Director Robert Mueller been so challenged.

"I have deep concerns that a delicate and subtle shading/skewing of facts by you [Mueller] and others at the highest levels of FBI management has occurred and is occurring,†Rowley wrote at that time.

On Sept 14, 2001 Mueller was explaining: "The tragedies quite clearly astonish and shock me and the country. The fact that there were a number of individuals that happened to have received training at flight schools here is news, quite obviously. If we had understood that to be the case, we would have - perhaps one could have averted this.â€

Sept. 17 as news of 20th hijacker Zacharias Moussaoui’s arrest broke, Mueller was asked if his bureau had missed "any warning signs.†He replied summarily, "There were no warning signs that I’m aware of that would indicate this type of operation in the country.â€

Since the infamous Rowley memo, however, those accounts have gone by the wayside.

The roommate connection, just uncovered by Capitol Hill investigators, has reopened the controversy about communications between the nation’s law enforcement and intelligence agencies.

The joint House and Senate intelligence committees probing the 9-11 attacks is slated to start public hearings sometime in September.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts