close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rifle Holster

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by BattleRifleG3, Apr 21, 2002.

1. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

I'm looking for some sort of holster/sling/harness that would facilitate the carrying of a rifle such as an HK-91, FAL Carbine, AK, Mini-14, AR-15, SKS, or similarly sized rifle in a manner that the user thereof could comfortably move in many ways and be able to carry other stuff and do stuff. The main idea is for someone to be able to carry a defensive rifle with him into the forest and get basic stuff done. Basically, a rifle carrying system with as close to pistol convenience and comfort as possible.

2. azeeb

azeeb G&G Newbie

I was wandering around the woods back home this weekend, wishing a had a better sling for my rifle. I don't usually plan on shooting anything other than a stray groundhog or something, and i wish i had a better way to carry it while hiking around without having it fall of my shoulder all the time. I was thinking about it, and I remembered something from my days as a golf caddy when I was about 12. Some of the bags I had to carry around had a second loop that you could put over your other shoulder. The thing then carried more like a back pack, it distributed the weight more evenly and made it a lot less likely to slide off. It wouldn't be so easy to get at your gun quickly, but it would be a lot more comfortable to carry around, and it would leave your hands free. Check out a golf supply store or sporting goods store, those second straps were pretty common for golf bags. I bet you could come up with something similar for a rifle.
    Let me know if you come up with anything.

3. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

The Israeli-style tactical sling is very convenient. The rifle is carried muzzle down, and can be shoved back out of the way, but still can be brought up pretty quickly. My 870 is equipped with the Tac-Sling from Cheaper Than Dirt, and works very well. I used to have one on a Norinco SKS, and it was good, too.

:assult: