Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in my mechanic's shop today, loitering , talking guns and other important stuff and he mentioned a rifle that had six or more barrels and all shot at the same time with one trigger pull. Anyone heard of this gun?

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
I was in my mechanic's shop today, loitering , talking guns and other important stuff and he mentioned a rifle that had six or more barrels and all shot at the same time with one trigger pull. Anyone heard of this gun?
Did there happen to be any wild mushrooms growing around this shop?

·
Premium Member
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was afraid this might happen with a post like this but he was dead serious! You guys are pretty funny though! Somebody may know and then I'll get you back! Until then.......

·
Registered
8,151 Posts
I believe its called a Fusalide gun. I dont know if I spelled that right. I think it was developed for the Civil War.

·
Registered
815 Posts
There is a volley pistol that pirates used that did the same thing. 4 barrels I think. There is a ducks foot too. Another pirate volley pistol. It has 8 barrels.

·
Registered
8,151 Posts
Ya need more info. Depends on if the barrels are lined up in a straight line next to each other or in a circle like the cylinder of a revolver.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Could be a "Powder box" they were an eary attempt at a revolver but most of the time all the barrells would go off at once.

·
Premium Member
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm going to go see him again tomorrow and get more info. I looked at the metalstorm site and that seems to be too futuristic. He talked like it was a rifle that could be held and with one trigger pull 6 or 7 bullets would fire. Would then have to be reloaded. Not an auto like a Gatlin or the Metalstorm site

·
Registered
15,235 Posts
No modern manufacturer would make such a rifle for too many reasons to list.
Yeah!Like gun control,which is unconstitutional to begin with. sam.

Our Austrailian friends developed a gun that fires one million 7.62NATO rounds with one pull of the trigger.In the museum at Cody,Wi.,I saw a muzzleloader that had three hammers on it and fired three rounds out of a single barrel,one at a time I presume.That was one gun I had no desire to try out. sam.

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Maybe he was talking about the volley rifle. The same one they used on young riders tv series.

·
Registered
8,151 Posts
Well Sooner whats the answer? What gun is it?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts