close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Robinson Arms Recon Carbine

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by SteveO, Mar 25, 2002.

1. SteveO

SteveO G&G Newbie

Well the income tax refund is on the way and I am considering getting a little crazy, about $1,200.00 to $1,500.00 crazy. I am considering getting a Robinson Arms Recon Carbine. The price is so friggin steep (I could add two or three rifles to my collection for the price of one) but the weapon looks wicked nice. Has anybody seen one in person or fired one. Are they worth the $$$? Any input would be appreciated. P.S. the wife thinks we are getting a shed and side walk with the refund, WRONG!

2. I've seen it at the gun store, looks baddd. Reviews i've read are all positive. Pull up their site www.robarm.com

3. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Well checked out their site, and they do not say a darned thing about how it works. They reference a bunch of reviews, but do not have a single excerpt or link. There are no diagrams or drawings, exploded view or otherwise. And one whole photograph. All you can find out is that it is some sort of .223 Semi Auto rifle. Does anyone know what kind of action it uses, such as M16 dierct gas or AR18 short stroke gas piston? The rifle looks more like an AR-180 than an AR-15.

4. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

It uses a piston, I know that much. It is designed from the Stoner 63 light machine gun, but the only interchangeable part is the buttstock (I think.)
    Definitely go to the website.

5. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

I did go to the website. That was what I was talking about. The site gives no info on the rifle.

6. Rock

Rock G&G Newbie

Steve O, I have a M-96 what would you like to know? :D If you are looking to buy one mine is for sale only asking 1,000.00 I want to get a 50cal...:D

7. SteveO

SteveO G&G Newbie

Thanx for the offer but I changed my mind on the carbine. I bought a few different rifles with cash. My favorite so far is the SAR2 (AK 74) in 545x39.