close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Robinson rifles

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by PlumberjimC, Aug 20, 2002.

1. PlumberjimC

PlumberjimC G&G Newbie

Anyone had any experience with them? Compared to ARs? Prices?

2. Rock

Rock G&G Newbie

I had a M-96, it was a great rifle light recoil, and looked great to. The only broblem I experienced was barrel launch! I sent it to Robenson and it was repired and returned as good as new. I went back to the range, now guess what happend that is right barrel launch again! But this time the barrel only went three feet from the bench. So after it was repaired that time the rifle went to the gun show and was traded for a DPMS AR-15. If you do get a Robenson good luck, but you can get a much better rifle for the money.:nod:

3. PlumberjimC

PlumberjimC G&G Newbie

Rock,
    Thanks. Already have a Bushmaster XM15 20" Was just curious. I suspect that when the bbl went downrange, it got everyone's attention -- especially yours!

4. Rock

Rock G&G Newbie

Oh it got my attention,I checked to make sure I still had everything then I emptied my shorts! And I found out later I was not the only one this happend too.It should have on the side (FIRE AT YOUR OWN RISK!)

5. another launched barrel

I've got an M96 Recon and I too was granted the opportunity to witness the ballistic characteristics of the barrel as well as the bullets... I probably would have pooped myself except that I was too surprised... magazine goes down... smoke comes out... barrel isn't attached anymore. The barrel went about four feet. RA said that the barrel catch assy wasn't fully catching and that they were sorry. However, they were very friendly about the whole thing. It hasn't happened again, but everytime I pull the trigger I'm a bit leary. Other than that, a very nice rifle. Accurate, light, well built.... except for that pesky little barrel staying on