close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Robo duck

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by jerry, Jul 27, 2002.

1. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    I'm not going to get into judgemental mode. I don't use it, but what do you fellow duck hunters think of the Robo. (if your state hasn't banned it yet?)
    :fuss:

2. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    Jerry, I have no idea what you're talking about. Is it a decoy that swims around?

3. jerry

USA
    battery operated, wings rotate (paddle like). usually sits on a pole in the middle of a decoy spread. ducks see the movement and get sucked in like a vacum.

4. jerry

USA
    robo duck photo

see attachment

Last edited: Jul 14, 2007
  5. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

I thought it was one bad a** duck that shot back and had personal armor on!

6. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

p.s. Jerry, glad you changed your avatar, that other one was scary like a horror movie! lol

7. jerry

USA
    that would be the termiquacker!

8. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    OK Jerry now I know. I knew about the 'paddle' ducks but I figured you were talking about something totally different. I have never used a decoy. I don't see why I should. Without any I killed my limit and another persons within 15 minutes everyday on my own property.

9. jerry

USA
    I have hunted in "pass shoot" situations and not needed decoys either. Iv'e shot ducks near stock tanks in the middle of the desert in AZ because they wanted the water. In typical situations hunted here were on a body of water with other hunters. competition is intense, without decoy's and good calling your just nature watching:)
    to add, any of the state sites require at least one dozen blocks. I have hunted river bottoms where we didn't need to decoy ducks but still had to have the dozen. You pack in a dozen of the lightest one you have, dump 'em from the bag in a pile in the marsh. Viola legal!
    There are some public palces that rival the timbers of Arkansas here. The only problem is my boy is still too short to get in a set of waders to transverse some of the encountered depths safely. I have dreamed for 25 years of my own hole to shoot ducks in. Your fortunate, don't take it for granted.