Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They may have stumbled onto something here! Essentially, it is a G17 with a 1911-ish grip angle, but cast in aluminum...not sure if it takes Glock magazines.
STK100
Screenshot 2021-06-14 at 17-00-37 Rock Island Armory Rolls Out The STK100, Their First Ever St...png

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
MSRP is reportedly $599

Reactions: ChaZam

·
Super Moderator
16,939 Posts
From the outside it REALLY looks like a Gen 3 Glock coppy. I really want to take one apart.
That's because it is.

The patents on the Gen 3 Glocks are expired. hence why you see so many "clones" from other companies like the aftermarket Polymer 80 frames, the Palmetto State Armory Dagger 9mm and others.

·
Registered
20,622 Posts
That's because it is.

The patents on the Gen 3 Glocks are expired. hence why you see so many "clones" from other companies like the aftermarket Polymer 80 frames, the Palmetto State Armory Dagger 9mm and others.
Isn't it funny that the first thing all these companies do when they make clones of Glock's "Perfection" is to improve the ergonomics, and fix the other issues that even hardcore Glock fanboys have been asking the company to address for the last four decades?

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
The PSA Dagger is it still unobtainium? Seems like they were about to release it then the scamdemic hit with the back to back election panic buying.

This might be interesting but I'd have to examine it closely. There was a US company once, iirc, that did both. AL frames and pistols and the aluminum frames were a raging POS💩.
And I'm glad I never bought one.

·
Super Moderator
16,939 Posts
Isn't it funny that the first thing all these companies do when they make clones of Glock's "Perfection" is to improve the ergonomics, and fix the other issues that even hardcore Glock fanboys have been asking the company to address for the last four decades?
Lol whenever people shoot my Sig P320s (or my older HK VP9) all the glock only fan bois always comment on how nice the trigger is and ask me what after market trigger I put in there or how much work I put into smoothing it out etc. And they are always shocked when I tell them "yea, Thats the factory trigger."

Reactions: Jaison and ChaZam

·
Registered
20,622 Posts
Lol whenever people shoot my Sig P320s (or my older HK VP9) all the glock only fan bois always comment on how nice the trigger is and ask me what after market trigger I put in there or how much work I put into smoothing it out etc. And they are always shocked when I tell them "yea, Thats the factory trigger."
We had similar comments when we still had the Mossberg MC1 in stock, and those were $350 pistols at the time.

·
Registered
20,622 Posts
Current MSRP on a Glock 19 looks to be $580. The first question becomes whether it is worth an extra $19 to have a version of it shaped for actual human hands, with a frame that couldn't be melted with a lighter, or chewed into tiny pieces by a small dog, and with sights that are actually metal instead of cheap plastic.

The second is how far under MSRP both are actually able to be purchased at.

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
We had similar comments when we still had the Mossberg MC1 in stock, and those were $350 pistols at the time.
I'd actually like to try one of those out. Although I generally like Glock I'm not going to knock any copies or near ones with Improvements. Gen3 Glocks generally fit my mutant hands. But the Gen4 26 I bought didn't need "plastic surgery" to remove the damn strategically placed bottom finger groove hook front of the frame that "normally" smacked the inside of the joint of my ring finger like the Gen 3 26's ALL do.
And I'm not a fan of them or other mfgs going to MIM parts over machined ones.
Mimes need to be seen performing and not heard of being used as gun parts.😛
And that comes from a glockophile😁

·
Registered
20,622 Posts
I'd actually like to try one of those out. Although I generally like Glock I'm not going to knock any copies or near ones with Improvements. Gen3 Glocks generally fit my mutant hands. But the Gen4 26 I bought didn't need "plastic surgery" to remove the damn strategically placed bottom finger groove hook front of the frame that "normally" smacked the inside of the joint of my ring finger like the Gen 3 26's ALL do.
And I'm not a fan of them or other mfgs going to MIM parts over machined ones.
Mimes need to be seen performing and not heard of being used as gun parts.😛
And that comes from a glockophile😁
I never got to shoot one, but overall fit, finish and feel were way above expectations, and the trigger was better than average. I got nothing but good reviews about the ones I sold, though. Several of the guys and gals I sold them to came back to get another one, but then the world went insane and I have had the darn things on backorder for more than a year.

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
Current MSRP on a Glock 19 looks to be $580. The first question becomes whether it is worth an extra $19 to have a version of it shaped for actual human hands, with a frame that couldn't be melted with a lighter, or chewed into tiny pieces by a small dog, and with sights that are actually metal instead of cheap plastic.

The second is how far under MSRP both are actually able to be purchased at.
Glock minimum pricing (by which a dealer abides if they want to sell new Glocks) is $499 on gen3 17/19. The actual price on the ATI will be about 30-40 bucks over whatever ATI actually charges dealers for them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts