Romak3

Discussion in 'AK47' started by Paul T, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Paul T

Paul T G&G Newbie

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozyw84Swmb4]YouTube - Romanian PSL 8 rounds 1200 frames per second[/ame]
    I sure hope this comes through.
    If you ever wondered about barrel vibration watch this vid closely

2. that guy needs a class on trigger control.....regardless that's crazy. that thing is shaking like a polaroid picture.

3. allways interesting to see them shoot in slow-motion.

4. pcman312

pcman312 G&G Regular

Now I want that camera. Or at least one of the same line that can take 1000 frames per second ;-)

5. Sprout47

Sprout47 G&G Enthusiast

I think this video makes PSLMAN a very 'happy' boy lol

6. Paul T

Paul T G&G Newbie

It doesn't take much to make him happy.

7. PSLMAN

PSLMAN G&G Evangelist

A good rifle and my good friends make me happy. :veryhappy:

Of course a full bottle of Evan Williams doesn't hurt either. :friday:

8. Paul T

Paul T G&G Newbie

Is that any where near Glenfiddich?

9. PSLMAN

PSLMAN G&G Evangelist

It's right across the street.

10. I guess that would explain why a Marlin 60 is so accurate for its size, that round has a lot of energy for a thin barrel.
    I wonder if anyone has modded one of these with a match grade barrel, for that matter I wonder if anyone has ever used an SKS barrel on a AK ...I could go on, but I won't.

11. BarryHalls

BarryHalls G&G Evangelist

this shows why so many 'target' rifles have very thick, very short barrels.

You lose energy but eliminate whip.

12. Paul T

Paul T G&G Newbie

Even though I like this rifle it kinda makes me think on other guns. I know all barrels oscilate but that is a big round through a thin tube. Buddy, I dont think it would be very cost effective to change up to a heavier barrel. After the money is paid it would be best to just get an AR for varments or targets in .308 or some other caliber more suited for coyotes or deer sized game.

In my way of thinking that ROMAK would be just a fun gun to shoot and leave to someone else to tinker with and spend their funds on. Now, Jeff has a heavy barreled wrist rocket that he is darn good at shooting but it doesn't beat out my stainless steel spit ball shooter made from 6035 stainless with flutes cut in it.

13. PSLMAN

PSLMAN G&G Evangelist

The PSL is not at it's best when used as a rapid fire bullet hose. It's primary purpose is to be a slow fire DMR style man killer. The thin barrel makes it more portable and is why they balance so well for such an ungainly looking rifle. It heats up quickly but it also cools faster than a heavy barrel would especially considering semi autos put out a lot of heat. It's not a perfect design but it does what it was designed to do very well in the hands of a competent shooter.

BTW Paul I mounted a foreward grip to my wrist rocket that has a combination built in bubble level, laser and compass. Next time we have a match you might outshoot me but you won't be nearly as stylish as me.

14. BarryHalls

This is why I'm such a huge fan of fluted barrels. You get all of the rgidity at 60%-75% of the weight, with up to 3 time the surface area for much faster cooling (compared to a heavy bull barrel).

And, LOL! PSLMAN, the coolest zombie killer on the block!

15. Paul T

Paul T G&G Newbie

Yea Barry but he wont tell you he got that stuff from Ronco.

16. BarryHalls

DOOOOOOD! If my AK could rotisserie a chicken! . . . I could rule the WORLD!

17. PSLMAN

PSLMAN G&G Evangelist

It also came with a device that will scramble an egg inside the shell. Eat your heart out james Bond!

18. PSLMAN

PSLMAN G&G Evangelist

Mmm,chicken..!

19. Paul T

Paul T G&G Newbie

Man,you are priceless.

20. Now a fluted barrel PSL, that would be cool too, impractical heck yes! but who is practical? really?
    I guess that is why I am stuck lately building other 308 platforms right now, I have some more choices on barrels.
    But I am still getting one when I see the right deal at the right time, PSL that is!
    the AK platform just loves to be fed, I don't have to check for headspace every five mags.
    Just clean due to the ammo not the gun.