close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

romanian ak purchase advice?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by ananab, Apr 3, 2002.

1. ananab

ananab G&G Newbie

there is a gun show coming up this weekend in my area and i think i'm going to buy a romanian, but i wanted to know if there were any red flags to watch out for before i lay my money down. i have seen them going for around $300-360 at previous shows, but only till recently have i considered getting one. i just want to make sure i don't wind up with one that has some defect or what not. (knowing my luck, i'll buy the one model/serial# that has all the problems)

2. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

Only thing I can say is to look carefully at the front sight post. Some have canted sights, and it's pretty difficult to straighten them out. Outside of that, no other problems. Look them over carefully. Good luck, and let us know how you did.

3. J.A.

J.A. G&G Newbie

check this site out carefully
    http://www.nothingbutguns.com/linx310/web/
    The Romanian rifles need to be checked for the gas block and front sight that are on the barrel straight. Hold the rifle to your shoulder and don't get your cheek on the stock or use the sights. But hold your head up and just rest your chin on the stock. Look down the barrel to make sure the rear sight,gas block,and front sight are all inline with each other.

4. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

Check the same, SAR-1 or WASR-10. SAR-1s are a little better, WASR-10s are conversions from single stack. Also, make sure it's a double stack, not single. $350ish is a decent price for an SAR-1, pay a little less for a WASR, like $320-330