Rosie Hit With $100M Lawsuit

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, Oct 1, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips Guest

Ok people its time to dig deep...give until it hurts....we need to raise some seroius $$ to help this poor woman out.....just send the $$ to me and I will make sure it gets to places that will help her....like my local gun store :)

Rosie Hit With $100M Lawsuit

NEW YORK, Oct. 1, 2002

Rosie O'Donnell announcing her exit from the magazine. (AP)

(AP) The publisher of Rosie magazine is filing a $100 million lawsuit against former talk show host Rosie O'Donnell for abruptly pulling out of their business partnership last month.

Gruner + Jahr Printing and Publishing Co. said in court papers Tuesday that O'Donnell's decision to quit Rosie magazine has or will cost them "in excess of $100 million dollars in damages." The filing claims O'Donnell, who announced Sept. 18 she was quitting the magazine, breached her contract with G+J and publicly disparaged the magazine.

O'Donnell's spokeswoman, Cindi Berger, said that O'Donnell will also seek justice from the court.

"Rosie plans on fighting this aggressively. Her name and integrity is at stake," Berger said. "She will be countersuing."

G+J's decision to file a lawsuit had been anticipated. The publisher and O'Donnell had been feuding for months about the direction of the magazine. After O'Donnell announced she was leaving the magazine, the publisher made it clear that it held O'Donnell to blame for the collapse of the business arrangement.

Rosie debuted in April 2001, as part of a partnership to revive struggling McCall's magazine. The joint venture gave O'Donnell and G+J each a 50 percent stake in the business.

During the six months ending June 30, Rosie's total average paid circulation was 3.5 million, slightly below the 3.6 million total average paid circulation recorded in the previous six months, according to the Audit Bureau of Circulations. It had the 13th highest magazine circulation nationwide for the first half of 2002, according to Advertising Age magazine. But there had been some concern that newsstand sales were vulnerable, and O'Donnell and G+J had reportedly repeatedly argued about what the magazine's cover should look like.

G+J, the international newspaper and magazine arm of German media giant Bertelsmann, also publishes Parents, Fitness, Fast Company and Family Circle magazines.

© MMII The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

2. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

how many dougnuts will $100 million buy???:D :D :p

3. Doglips

Doglips Guest

303,797,468.35 at $3,95 per dz

4. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

THANKS DOG LIPS..........

thats beau coup sinkers. are those regular dozens or bakers dozens??? hee hee hee:rolleyes: :D

5. Well, well, well.

Howdy,

Maybe Rosie was upset that EVERY page in the magazine did not have her picture on it! LOL! (What an egomaniacal idiot)

"Her name and integrity is at stake,"

Where is the big news in that line? She lost every last shred of respect with the Tom Selleck attack and the Hypocritical stance that it was okay for her bodyguard to have a gunto protect her and her kids, but NO ONE else should have a gun.

I am one smiling gun nut today!! I will be rolling on the floor when she lives in a refrigerator box under an overpass and uses phrases like, "You want fries with that?" as her next carrer move.......
    :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

6. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

I don't wish badness on anyone but I could care less what happens to her! Too bad, so sad!

7. She wanted to be starred in a centerfold type of layout but, even with modern technology, they couldn't figure out how to fold the billboard sized piece of paper to fit the magazine.

SSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

8. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Having seen her latest tabloid photo, I think she's a shoe-in for the cover of "Logger's Monthly Journal".

This couldn't have happened to a more deserving wretch. :mad:

9. Calvin

Calvin G&G Evangelist

Things have come around full circle on this one. I hope she falls flat on her face for this. Then, the city can sue her for punitive damages for the replacement of the concrete where her face landed......