Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys just purchesed a rossi .38 spical mod# r851 and so far i seem to like it. i do have a few questions about it. first off the grips are sorta small is their anyone out their that makes replacement grips that are bigger then what came on them. also is their anyone out their that makes holsters for them. how long has the gun been around. it has a 4in barrel and over oll seems to fit other then just the small grips

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a Rossie 38 special stainless that I picked up NIB around 1983 (Interarms import). Probably haven't fired more than 200 rds or so. Adjustable sights with bobbed hammer and wood grips. I am just keeping it around.....just because.....I like guns.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have one just like that--an 851 with a 3" barrel. I've seen a few with 4" barrels, but the 3" is a little more rare, I think.

Fun little revolvers. Mine gets a lot of range time--those big wood grips make it easy to shoot and it's an accurate little revolver.

·
Registered
79 Posts
holster for rossi 38

hey guys just purchesed a rossi .38 spical mod# r851 and so far i seem to like it. i do have a few questions about it. first off the grips are sorta small is their anyone out their that makes replacement grips that are bigger then what came on them. also is their anyone out their that makes holsters for them. how long has the gun been around. it has a 4in barrel and over oll seems to fit other then just the small grips
I know this is an old posting. I am using a holster made by BIACHI #5BH S&W CHIEF for this piece.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys im new into revolvers and i found this gun at a garage sell and i cannot get the chamber open with the thumb switch any help?

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Take it to a gunsmith. If you try to mess with it and break something it will either 1 cost more to fix it or two you will just get rid of it and have waisted what ever you spent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts