Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a deal on a Rossi 720 hammerless 3" 5 shot, .44special. It's stainless steel, shoots pretty good, a lot better than I do (as many revolvers as I've owned, I still haven't taken the time to get any good with DAO past seven yards).

Also, I'm about a hundred more rounds away from carrying it, but I'd like to find a crossdraw, driving, or FBI cant OWB holster that fits the little beast. My model 10 slide will work, but it's a touch too large, and the j frame holsters are too small.

It sure is a fun gun, I've put some milder cowboy loads through it, along with some silvertips, and a few handloads a buddy (a very trusted buddy) worked up that are a bit hotter. I'll be handloading my own, once the .44 dies and TCFP bullets arrive.

Anybody have or had one of these?

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
No, but it sounds like a fun gun. If you don't mind, what does it cost?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought it private transaction from a friend of mine for $265. He threw in some ammo. I've never seen one at a store or a gun show.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Nice find. Not to rain on your parade, but I love to brag about the mint condition Rossi 720 I got for $200! It's 3"bbl, fluted cylinder w/hammer. Far as I can tell "K frame" holsters work fine, I use a Hume JIT and some cheap IWB for mine.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got a Hume JIT for K frames, it feels a little loose to me. Of course, I've carried my Model 15 and my Victory model in it. No rain, I love it when other folks get good deals, I'm happy with mine.

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Thanks for the information. Sounds like you both got good deals.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I've got the 720 3" stainless with hammer,Rossi sold rights to Tarus so they dont make them any more.Beeing left handed I made my own crossdraw holster.I like it for travel,it took me almost a week to get the holster right for easy access in a siting and standing position.Love my Rossi,but only use it for travel,rest of the time I pack a .45 Ballister Mollina.:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought a non-fluted cylinder model a couple of weeks ago.This pistol has a certain "correct" look about it that just appeals to me.From the research I have done this is about the best pistol Rossi ever manufactured.

Stan in SC

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Verry solid lockup and have to say I looked at a Smith & Wesson and passed,found my box the other day with the reciet and Brand New paid $225.00 and find it to be verry acurate with my handloads and compareing to my 45acp little if any diference in power.:burnout:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts