Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
In regards to the Rossi 38 special recall just wanted to pass on what I have found out. I had a one the 38 specials that was subject to the recall, received all the information to return the gun to Taurus and it stated that gun inspection and or repair take approximately 12 weeks for the gun to be returned. well its been 12 weeks and no word so I contacted them to find out that none of the guns have had anything done to them the company is waiting on court system to give the okay to proceed with the inspection and or repair and no time frame available as to when that will begin. Just wanted to try and get the word out about this.

· Wonderment :)
36,837 Posts
K75RT: Sir; excellent share. :)

ACTIONS TO BE TAKEN:

Stop using your revolver immediately.

Go to WWW.ROSSISAFETYNOTICE.COM where you can enter your serial number and read our instructions. Or call 855-982-8787 for assistance.

This Safety Warning covers .38 Special and .357 Magnum revolver models R351, R352, R461, R462, R851, R971, and R972 with serial numbers beginning with the letter Y, Z, or A through K.

Rossi is developing inspection and repair solutions. Rossi will make every effort possible to ensure Rossi Revolvers will be inspected, serviced if necessary, and returned to customers in a prompt, timely fashion.

· Registered
5,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like my little 351 is affected. I'll just live with it rather than deal with Taurus's stellar customer service.
austinjoe13, Don't get me started on Taurus and their horrendous customer service.... oh the humanity!!:rolleyes:

· Registered
3 Posts
K75RT: Sir; excellent share. :)

ACTIONS TO BE TAKEN:

Stop using your revolver immediately.

Go to WWW.ROSSISAFETYNOTICE.COM where you can enter your serial number and read our instructions. Or call 855-982-8787 for assistance.

This Safety Warning covers .38 Special and .357 Magnum revolver models R351, R352, R461, R462, R851, R971, and R972 with serial numbers beginning with the letter Y, Z, or A through K.

Rossi is developing inspection and repair solutions. Rossi will make every effort possible to ensure Rossi Revolvers will be inspected, serviced if necessary, and returned to customers in a prompt, timely fashion.

· Registered
3 Posts
Well the hang up on this is that they won't give you a date as to when repairs will be started at least that the story I got from Customer service operator and her supervisor that I requested a call back from. According to them they don't have a clue when they will even start the inspections and repairs currently they are simply collecting the guns and holding them. If I had know this I would not have sent them my pistol for them to just hold on to.

· Registered
7 Posts
Brand new member here. I was just surfing for information on the above mentioned recall by Rossi, and came across this site. I too am a victim of their recall. I bought a model 352 about two years ago and within six months I received the first letter from Rossi concerning a safety issue (pistol could discharge if dropped. After the second letter I figured I might as well get it repaired. They acknowledged receipt on Oct. 3 last year. The twelve weeks they estimated for repair came and went with no word, so I held an e-chat with them. I was informed the pistol was un-repairable, and they had a different model they would give me as a replacement. Mine was a polished stainless steel, five shot, and what they were offering was a matte finish six shot which I turned down. They further informed me I could get my old pistol back but I would have to accept a letter stating that the pistol wasn't repaired and that letter would have to be given to whomever I sold the pistol to. To make a long story short I contacted my States Attorney General and I just received this date an email stating he could not file suit on my behalf but he would write Taurus Holdings and try to find out what the hold up was. My total contact with Rossi was two phone calls, five e-chats and two letters one of which was certified return receipt which i received. The standard answer was always " we understand your frustration and will mark your case priority and send it to their supervisor. I even contacted the BATF but was told to hire a personal attorney that they had no jurisdiction. I stated the pistol was registered in my name and was Rossi's their hands and that would make it their business. Sorry for such a long rant but for those of you who are in the same boat you maybe it will give you some insight as to what will not work. I am glad to be a member and am looking forward to picking up some information from you all.

· Registered
26,919 Posts
I am glad to be a member and am looking forward to picking up some information from you all.
Thanks for your input about the Rossi recall. I'll post a link below for the introduction forum. Please consider stopping by there and make a post introducing yourself the the forum members. We discuss all sorts of things here on G&G...
https://www.gunandgame.com/forums/introduction.175/

· Registered
7 Posts
Brand new member here. I was just surfing for information on the above mentioned recall by Rossi, and came across this site. I too am a victim of their recall. I bought a model 352 about two years ago and within six months I received the first letter from Rossi concerning a safety issue (pistol could discharge if dropped. After the second letter I figured I might as well get it repaired. They acknowledged receipt on Oct. 3 last year. The twelve weeks they estimated for repair came and went with no word, so I held an e-chat with them. I was informed the pistol was un-repairable, and they had a different model they would give me as a replacement. Mine was a polished stainless steel, five shot, and what they were offering was a matte finish six shot which I turned down. They further informed me I could get my old pistol back but I would have to accept a letter stating that the pistol wasn't repaired and that letter would have to be given to whomever I sold the pistol to. To make a long story short I contacted my States Attorney General and I just received this date an email stating he could not file suit on my behalf but he would write Taurus Holdings and try to find out what the hold up was. My total contact with Rossi was two phone calls, five e-chats and two letters one of which was certified return receipt which i received. The standard answer was always " we understand your frustration and will mark your case priority and send it to their supervisor. I even contacted the BATF but was told to hire a personal attorney that they had no jurisdiction. I stated the pistol was registered in my name and was Rossi's their hands and that would make it their business. Sorry for such a long rant but for those of you who are in the same boat you maybe it will give you some insight as to what will not work. I am glad to be a member and am looking forward to picking up some information from you all.
Just a note to let members know what is happening with my case. Thirty days plus passed since I contacted my States Attorney General and was told they would see if they could get Rossi to move on getting my pistol back. Well, I received another e-mail from the SAG' office on the 16th. They stated that they have not gotten any response from Rossi, but will send a second letter. In the mean time I received a call from Rossi on the 22nd, but I wasn't home at the time and for some strange reason my answering machine cut their message off. I tried calling back but was put on hold without talking to anyone. I hung up after 17 minutes and left the house, and you guessed it they called again. I tried calling again and finally got hold of customer service and they said someone would call me tomorrow (23rd) in the afternoon.

This morning at 10:00am someone named Candice called from Rossi and offered me MSRP for my pistol which I refused, and then she ask if I would be interested in a different model as a replacement which I turned down. I told her they had already read me the letter of non-repair and that I had accepted, it and I was waiting on the actual letter and my pistol. She said she would make note of my wishes and move them on up the line. That seems to be the standard line when they want to put me off. I don't know if I will ever get my gun back but I will not give up trying.

· Registered
5,336 Posts
Just a note to let members know what is happening with my case. Thirty days plus passed since I contacted my States Attorney General and was told they would see if they could get Rossi to move on getting my pistol back. Well, I received another e-mail from the SAG' office on the 16th. They stated that they have not gotten any response from Rossi, but will send a second letter. In the mean time I received a call from Rossi on the 22nd, but I wasn't home at the time and for some strange reason my answering machine cut their message off. I tried calling back but was put on hold without talking to anyone. I hung up after 17 minutes and left the house, and you guessed it they called again. I tried calling again and finally got hold of customer service and they said someone would call me tomorrow (23rd) in the afternoon.

This morning at 10:00am someone named Candice called from Rossi and offered me MSRP for my pistol which I refused, and then she ask if I would be interested in a different model as a replacement which I turned down. I told her they had already read me the letter of non-repair and that I had accepted, it and I was waiting on the actual letter and my pistol. She said she would make note of my wishes and move them on up the line. That seems to be the standard line when they want to put me off. I don't know if I will ever get my gun back but I will not give up trying.
Thanks for the update.

As an aside, from a frustration and blood-pressure standpoint, it may be worth taking their offer of an MSRP refund and just buying something else. At least you wouldn't have to think about it anymore.

· Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the update.

As an aside, from a frustration and blood-pressure standpoint, it may be worth taking their offer of an MSRP refund and just buying something else. At least you wouldn't have to think about it anymore.
I agree about it being the easier way to go as far as the frustration is concerned, but I didn't want to sell it. If I did decide to sell it back to Rossi I would be the one setting the price, just as they did when I bought it from them.

· Registered
2 Posts
Any one have any updates on how the recall is going? I just found out a few days ago about it, and am hearing nothing but horror stories. I did go ahead and fill out the info online for the 2 revolvers I have so I'd be in the system with a confirmation number before the deadline. I'm just curious if the wait time has gotten any shorter, longer, better, or worse?

· Registered
7 Posts
Any one have any updates on how the recall is going? I just found out a few days ago about it, and am hearing nothing but horror stories. I did go ahead and fill out the info online for the 2 revolvers I have so I'd be in the system with a confirmation number before the deadline. I'm just curious if the wait time has gotten any shorter, longer, better, or worse?
Hi RobAR50, I received a letter from my States Attorney General and a copy of a letter dated July 20th from Taurus stating I was a participant in a class action law suit which has supposedly already been settled. They claim that because the named pistols ( in my case a model 352) are un-repairable they cannot be returned in an unsafe condition. They have offered me the manufacture's suggested retail price for it, which I have turned down, and have offered two other models both of which I wouldn't have.

Taurus called me about two weeks ago and wanted to go over my case. They only repeated what I have stated above about their offers. I told the lady that if they wanted to buy my pistol it would be at my price, and that price was $1,000.00. She said she didn't think Taurus would go for it, and wanted to know why I wanted that much for it, to which I replied that it would be a collectors item in a few years after they recalled all those models. I haven't heard anything from them since.

I do believe Taurus obtained my pistol by deceit. They knew in advance they weren't going to repair them, or as they said, couldn't. Taurus sent me a letter stating they had received my pistol on Oct. 3rd, and on Dec. 10 sent me a letter and a form to fill out stating that I was a party to said lawsuit. I never signed anything or filled out the claim form, so I don't consider myself a party to the suit.

Maybe my model is the only one that "can't" be repaired, but if I were you and I wanted to keep your pistol, and if it works just fine, I would do just that. Chances are if you send it to them you may never see it again. Larry

· Registered
7 Posts
I haven't saw any updates from those of you who have sent their pistols in and haven't gotten them back. I thought I would take time and update you what I have been doing about mine. Since I advised Taurus that I would take $1,000.00 for my pistol haven't heard anything from them. I did file a complaint with the USPS charging mail fraud. I filed the complaint sometime in Dec,and I received a reply Jan. 14. I will try to post a copy of their reply as well as a copy of a letter Taurus sent to the Attorney General of Missouri. The lawsuit referred to in the letter from Taurus is available on line and shows the suit was filed in May 5, 2016, so they knew their pistols were "unsafe" according to Taurus then, and they failed to inform us they "couldn't" send them back when they offered to repair them. This to me is mail fraud being as they sent me two letters through the mail offering to repair the pistol and send it back and they knew then we wouldn't be getting them back. The postal service inspectors must agree as they didn't just blow me off. Maybe if any of you might take the time to file a complaint if you are in the same situation, it might make a better chance for all of us. Complaint forms can be had at the Postal Inspectors Website, but really aren't suited to complain about the loss of property, but lend themselves more to the loss of money. If you have any correspondence from Taurus that you received through the mail send it along with your complaint form as well as copies of any e-mails from them. Larry

Attachments

· Registered
2 Posts
I sent both of mine back to them a couple days before Christmas, and had 2 new revolvers in my hands from them in a little over 3 weeks. I can't remember the ladies name that I talked to each time, but she always returned my calls, was very thorough, and answered all of my questions. I was very surprised from the earlier horror stories that this went so well and smooth, but I'm glad it did. I now have two brand new revolvers that are safer, and 10 years newer than what I had before so, no complaints from me. My only dilemma now is finding more ammo for them.

· Registered
7 Posts
I sent both of mine back to them a couple days before Christmas, and had 2 new revolvers in my hands from them in a little over 3 weeks. I can't remember the ladies name that I talked to each time, but she always returned my calls, was very thorough, and answered all of my questions. I was very surprised from the earlier horror stories that this went so well and smooth, but I'm glad it did. I now have two brand new revolvers that are safer, and 10 years newer than what I had before so, no complaints from me. My only dilemma now is finding more ammo for them.
I'm glad you are satisfied with the replacements. My gripe is it took me some time to find a 35202. I wanted that particular model as it was five shot, short barrel and good for concealed carry, as well it was polished stainless with rubber grips. The replacements they offered were a matte finish six shot and my opinion an inferior pistol. Larry

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.