Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Since a very short time, I'm interested in buying a shotgun. And I discovered the Rossi "Matched Pair" single-shot shotguns. What can you tell me about these guns, especially the 12 gauge / .223 Remington and the 12 gauge / .22LR models?

Greetings!

Jonas

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Well, I bought a 20ga/22LR youth model for my son. It seems OK, but not great. Fit and finish is average. You might look into a NEF single shots, I think they are better quality.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I bought a 20ga/22LR youth model for my son. It seems OK, but not great. Fit and finish is average. You might look into a NEF single shots, I think they are better quality.
What's cool in the Matches Pair is that it's one gun with two different calibers. And the NEF shotguns? It seems they can shoot only one caliber…

·
Registered
15,235 Posts
The Rossi is a NEF patent firearm built in Brazil. samuel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can't say anything about the shotguns but I own the Rossi .223 HB and absolutely love it. **** on Prairie dogs and will try it out on coyotes this winter(if it ever comes). I was also looking at the NEF but I liked the hammer on the Rossi better.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Personally, I don't like either. That hammer has hit me WAYYYYY too many times when I shoulder it for a pheasant or something. So, it now resides in the back of the safe along with it's other single shot brethren.

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
willHunt4Ever WELCOME to GUN and GAME Thanks for joining...The Rossi guns posted here sure look nice, but I believe the H&R and NEF would be my choice...A.H

1 - 9 of 9 Posts