Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Buy a new Puma 92 rifle or carbine in standard calibers -- .38/357, .44 Magnum or .45 Colt -- and get ready to strap on a Bowie knife from Legacy Sports International.

ACT NOW! Offer good only from December 1, 2002 to March 31, 2003.
Offer does NOT apply to Pumas in .454 Casull or .480 Ruger calibers.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.legacysports.com/bowie/index.htm

I came across this on "Legacy's Strap on a Bowie Knife" page. The 480 Ruger does not show up in the 2002 catalog. But I understand that it is in the 2003 catalog.

·
Registered
5 Posts
.480 ruger Lever Gun

Does anyone have the Puma's in .480 Ruger yet. I can't wait to get one, but I can't find a dealer that has one in stock, or that can order one. I'm looking for the 16" that legacy has listed on it's website.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I just ordered one a few days ago. I've got it on lay-away. The sport shop called today and said they found two. One blue and one stainless. I picked the stainless as this will be used and somewhat abused gun. Horse back, mule back and all that.

Both had 20" barrels, which I wanted anyway, due to the longer sight radius. It should be in a week or two. Its not paid for yet but at least I can go in and drool over it.

It will be a good companian rifle for my 5 shot Blackhawk in 480.

Steve

(Denbo, I live just south of Detroit Lakes)

·
Registered
201 Posts
I just saw where Marlin will have a .480 ruger/ .475limbaugh lever action this year :D It was in this month's issue of American Hunter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
.480 ruger

Thank's for the info on the Marlin and puma in .480.
I'll contact some dealears around here and see if they can get either one yet, and the price.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I was quoted $480 for the SS 92/480. $430 in blue I think. I wish Marlin would have come out with it in their smaller levergun instead of the 1895. I may have went that route if they had done that, but I want something lighter than a 1895.

Denbo, check out Reed's in Walker and Scheels in Fargo/Moorhead. I'm getting mine out of DL Sport Shop in DL.

Hud

Steve

·
Registered
5 Posts
.480 ruger

Thanks for the info. I will check out these stores as well as some others.
Have you tried reloading any .480 shells yet. I just set up my dies for the .480. I haven't used my reloading press for a few years, but when I resize and decap the empty shell it seems to take a lot of force to get the shell to resize. It seems like about twice the force it usually takes to resize a shell. I might buy a few of the starline brass and see if they resize any easier. I have been using once fired Hornady. Thanks again for the info.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I haven't had any trouble resizing. My reloader is an old cast iron Herters press. It has a fair amount of leverage and a heavy handle. My dies are carbide Lee dies so the casings go in pretty smooth.

Steve

·
Registered
118 Posts
Brought my little 480 home yesterday. It's Stainless, has a 20" barrel, weighs 6lbs and hold 10 rounds. I really like the HiViz sights and the second loading port in the tube. Don't kick too bad, even with the 380grainers.

My buddy came over and saw it. "Give me just one bullet to try." So I hand him a cartridge. He goes outside. Boom!

He comes back in, "Give me a few more."

"Already have them in my hand" I said, as I held them out.

"This is a really nice little gun" He says as he heads back out the door.

Hud

1 - 12 of 12 Posts