Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Looks awful sharp to me geral! Never read anything bad about the Rossi levers. All steel ain't it? Like the fancy gold on yours. Them old levers will never go out of favor! Fun to lug around as well as hunt with.

·
Registered
169 Posts
It is all steel ! almost the same price as a henri ! thanks for the reply
Really the same price? I know the Henry rifles are up there. Sent me a catalog this year. Probably yours might be even better. Noticed the prices for quality are up there these days. Recall the days when $300 got you a walnut stocked and great shiny blued gun. Heck my TB 1100 Rem cost me $325 new in 80 and my 700 ran me $320 in 84 with walnut. Been checking on the new offerings from Rem-Arms for 2022. A 700 CDL will cost $1039 or at least is the M.S.R.P. 1100 will be back but may cost close to $1100. I keep diggin for prices as I love to compare what I paid back in the "olden Days" HA!! Don't care how much less we made in the 70s prices did not triple 5 times over back then. Right now gonna make a couple trades for the Remington 870 Fieldmaster in 12. Around $500 at Bass Pro Shop. At least it has a steel receiver and walnut. Can live with the matte finish.

·
Super Moderator
14,334 Posts
I own one in 44M. I do like it. Lightweight and easy to handle. I will say that the day mine came in, I took it to the gunsmith and had them remove all burrs, remove the safety and replace all plastic parts with metal. Under $100 and money well spent.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I own one in 44M. I do like it. Lightweight and easy to handle. I will say that the day mine came in, I took it to the gunsmith and had them remove all burrs, remove the safety and replace all plastic parts with metal. Under $100 and money well spent.
thanks ! mine is in 44 magnum also ! where did you buy the metal parts ? My new rifle will be delivered tomorrow

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
I would like yalls opinions and thoughts on Rosi firearms ! Are they any good . Thanks
They are great in every way. I have three, blue and stainless. I collect levers and have lots of old and new Marlins, Winchesters, Henry's and the three Rossis. They are the #1 choice of cowboy action shooters followed by Marlins and others. The model 92 is the strongest lever gun made. The Rossi is even made in 454 Casul, which takes loads as high pressure as the 300 win mag, 65000 psi or 55000 cup. A 44 mag is about 36000 psi for reference.

The Henrys are very smooth but very heavy, so not something you want to carry. or hunt with. For more info go to leverguns,com or the Rossirifleman.com. Lots of reviews over there are mine.

What caliber are you looking at? My fave is the 357in the 16 inch barrel. Feel free to ask any questions, I have had them for decades.
Wood Air gun Shotgun Gun barrel Trigger

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Really the same price? I know the Henry rifles are up there. Sent me a catalog this year. Probably yours might be even better. Noticed the prices for quality are up there these days. Recall the days when $300 got you a walnut stocked and great shiny blued gun. Heck my TB 1100 Rem cost me $325 new in 80 and my 700 ran me $320 in 84 with walnut. Been checking on the new offerings from Rem-Arms for 2022. A 700 CDL will cost $1039 or at least is the M.S.R.P. 1100 will be back but may cost close to $1100. I keep diggin for prices as I love to compare what I paid back in the "olden Days" HA!! Don't care how much less we made in the 70s prices did not triple 5 times over back then. Right now gonna make a couple trades for the Remington 870 Fieldmaster in 12. Around $500 at Bass Pro Shop. At least it has a steel receiver and walnut. Can live with the matte finish.
I know you are right about that
They are great in every way. I have three, blue and stainless. I collect levers and have lots of old and new Marlins, Winchesters, Henry's and the three Rossis. They are the #1 choice of cowboy action shooters followed by Marlins and others. The model 92 is the strongest lever gun made. The Rossi is even made in 454 Casul, which takes loads as high pressure as the 300 win mag, 65000 psi or 55000 cup. A 44 mag is about 36000 psi for reference.

The Henrys are very smooth but very heavy, so not something you want to carry. or hunt with. For more info go to leverguns,com or the Rossirifleman.com. Lots of reviews over there are mine.

What caliber are you looking at? My fave is the 357in the 16 inch barrel. Feel free to ask any questions, I have had them for decades. View attachment 175344
I just bought a new one in 44 magnum ! It will be delivered tommorrow

Attachments

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
I know you are right about that

I just bought a new one in 44 magnum ! It will be delivered tommorrow
You will like it. I assume the 20 inch barrel? Be ready for some recoil with the 44. That gun weighs about 5 1/2 pounds. A Winchester 94 is about 7 pounds, so there is more recoil. If you reload you can easily tame them. A 240 grain cast with 10 grains of Unique is a favorite of mine in handguns, not a max load but good enough for deer or hogs without all the recoil.

I do not have one in 44 but shoot a similar load in 45 Colt which launches a 230 grain bullet about 1600 fps out if the 20 inch barrel and recoil is not bad at all.

Give us a range report.

Reactions: neophyte

·
Premium Member
26,928 Posts
Geral, I had one in 357 Magnum for a few years.
Adjusted the elevation and it shot very close to point of aim with several brands of 158 gr. JSP or JHP ammo. It really liked some 180 gr hard cast Buffalo Bore and shot it to point of aim also. It didn't like light bullets very well. Functionally they are a very good little firearm. Nothing fancy about them but they work. When they get used to the point that they need to really be disassembled and given a deep cleaning, that is not a simple task, but it can be done if you have a moderate amount of mechanical skills and manual dexterity. When you cycle the lever to extract a spent round they eject quite forcefully. <<< Having said that if you have dropped the butt from you shoulder when doing that operation you might get hot brass in the face or down your collar. I used mine in a trade for another firearm from the FFL dealer I had previously bought it from.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You will like it. I assume the 20 inch barrel? Be ready for some recoil with the 44. That gun weighs about 5 1/2 pounds. A Winchester 94 is about 7 pounds, so there is more recoil. If you reload you can easily tame them. A 240 grain cast with 10 grains of Unique is a favorite of mine in handguns, not a max load but good enough for deer or hogs without all the recoil.

I do not have one in 44 but shoot a similar load in 45 Colt which launches a 230 grain bullet about 1600 fps out if the 20 inch barrel and recoil is not bad at all.

Give us a range report.
I dont reload , But I want a fast moving bullet to hunt with , I have once fired brass from my ruger super blackhawk ! wish that I new how to reload

·
Premium Member
10,355 Posts
Geral Ii have one never shot. I bought it about 5 years ago or more. Mine is 44 Magnum and case hardened steel receiver and the barrel is Octagonal. Nice rifles for sure.

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
i only have like 15-16 of them,,, so i really don't have enough of them to form an opinion yet.
Some people might say that nobody needs 15 lever guns, some would say there is something very wrong with that person, I would say those folks are very blessed.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts