Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
PUKHA DAWG
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,
Does anybody on the boards own or used a Rossi revolver. I am looking at getting a small frame (5 Round) pistol. I am on a budget so I can't go for the big brand names. Or does anybody have any suggestions? I'm not sure if I want to get a .357 or a .38 that can fire +P ammo.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I buy used Smiths. They are not all that easy to find...but they ARE out there. Be patient and you will find a good deal on a used S&W snubby. Hit the gun shops and shows.

Do not get a Charter Arms. I have experience with these...sevaral over the years. They are marginal/poor in quality.

I shoot regular .38's out of my snubby. That's enough power to satisfy me in a small handgun.

I personally would not shoot a J-Frame Smith in .357. I'd go with a Ruger SP-101. But then you're getting into a heavier gun.

By the way...I recently paid $289 for a really nice Model 36 with a square butt. There is a Model 37 Airweight in my dealer's case right now for $299. So the deals are out there.

·
PUKHA DAWG
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been thinking about the recoil and I will pass on the .357. Although if I find a good deal on a .357 I may get it and just shoot .38 or .38 +P.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i just managed to pick up a used Rossi .38 special at gander for $125. just one small nick on the outside of the barrel. everything else was super clean. going to go shoot it this evening. Been shopping around and am having some trouble finding dealers for holsters though.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Ask your dealers if they have a used holster box. Mine keeps his in the back room. I never would have known if I had not asked. If these are basically the same size as a S&W, one of those holsters may fit. Or...an Uncle Mike's ballistic nylon hloster.

·
PUKHA DAWG
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Used holster box, I never would have thought of it. I'll have to ask.

·
Premium Member
30,705 Posts
pawn shops are a great place for used holsters.
everytime i go to my favorite one i root through the magazine/holster/doodad box!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts