Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does this forum cover Rossi single shot rifles ?

If so , anyone have a user report to shear ?

God bless
Wyr

·
Banned
1,236 Posts

God bless
Wyr
What caliber is it in?I would classify your single shot ROSSI with the H&R and NEF guns.A good affordable starter or a poor-boys meat for the pot gun.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What caliber is it in?I would classify your single shot ROSSI with the H&R and NEF guns.A good affordable starter or a poor-boys meat for the pot gun.

I do not have a Rossi . I was seeking info about them , considering a purchase .

God bless
Wyr

·
Registered
358 Posts
I can't help you in regards to Rifles but I've read at diffrent sites on the internet that Rossi shotguns are crap. A.H
Quite the opposite A.H. My uncle has a Rossi SxS 12g that was given to him 20 odd years ago by his uncle, and he has never had a problem with it yet. Its not the fancyest shotgun around but its been reliable all these years.

·
Premium Member
3,616 Posts
I own a .308 Rossi Pomba ( it means dove ) rifle. Its ` stainless` which Brazilian for silver paint or coating. It kicks like prison gin, has no resale and isnt terribley accurate.

I spent a LOT of time trying for even a group I was not ashamed to show anyone. Eventually I fitted a 4 power scope like you`d have on a .22, got it close to sighted in and just went with it.

I always ignored it, but recently I lost zero completely on my main rifle and it got pressed into service. As long as the distances were kept to 100 or so yards, it equated it self well.

Depending on the calibre, I`ve heard tell the .223 and .243 heavy barrel Rossi`s are okay, but honestly for the money you could get a LOT better used rifle if you look hard enough.

I`m stuck with mine, you can barely give the things away here. But as I said, I put the time in got a half ( barely ) decent rifle out of a real dog..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Love my Rossi

I own the Rossi .223 HB and love it. It is my "fun" gun. I have not witnessed any of the issues that I've read about. It is well built and pretty darn accurate also. Never took the time to group it on a target but, the young prairie dogs we've been blasting at 100-300 yds are not but 5 or 6 inches long and probably 3" high. Thats a tight enough group for me!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts

God bless
Wyr
Yes. One kid out here we hunt with, his dad bought him the .410/.17HMR combo gun. He limited out on dove, then went to the prairie dog town close by and eliminated close to 150. Made me sick watching him. His farthest shot was aorund 150 yards? This town was HUGE. like, took up an entire lake-bed, and all the area around it.

·
Registered
15,235 Posts
I have only owned one Rossi I can remember.That was a lever action .22lr that spit burning powder back in my face.I traded it to my brother to get even for some of the deals he pulled on me.If I were thinking of buying a singleshot breakopen I would stick to H&R-NEF which have proven their quality and dependability. sam.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts