Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a stailess steel 6 inch rossi .357. i dont know if its a 971 or a 972. also, i have read good and bad things on rossi. anyone have one and what are your feelings on the gun?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I have the 4inch blued version of the 971, as a well as a Rossi M68 (Snnubby .38spl) and a Rossi .357 Lever action carbine. I love them. They're great guns. I've shot smith and Wessons, and Taurus' revolvers but I'll stick with my Rossi. They perform flawlessly. And for the price you can't go wrong.

I'm planning to get another Model 68 when I find one.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i found what seems to be the model number which is a 971 on the frame at the front of the cylinder. i thought the stainless gun was a 972.

·
Registered
11,239 Posts
Rossi as a manufacturer

Rossi is a major and successful manufacturer in the international firearms market. I have a Rossi long gun and absolutely state I am pleased with its performance and accuracy. I would recommend a Rossi rifle or shotgun to anyone. Rossi's main negative commentary, I feel, comes from a decision to have low prices for the consumer thus lower profit for the gunstore.

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
I have a small Rossi .357 Mag pistol. Its got about a 2" barrel, with about an inch long compensator on the end of it. It sure is fun to shoot tho. I haven't had any reliability problems with it as much as I shot it. I didn't have to drop any money on it as I inherited it so its been a good deal for me. Really love shooting the .357 mag out of it. Its a pretty powerful load coming out of that gun. Good times there. Other than that, I have no other experiences with Rossi pistols.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts