Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went to my local shop yesterday with my brother inlaw as he is looking for a 22lr and looking at his guns he saw several he liked. he had a new rough rider in 22lr only for $159 and 22/22mag for $200. but he had three other guns that really caught my eye. he has a nef r92 9 shot wood grips 4 inch barrel for $190 the gun is at least 98%, a h&r 929 in a 2 inch and 6 inch barrel that were at 90% for $180. now i know the nef and h&r are no longer made but they were very nice and all looked like they had not been shot any at all. the two 629's at 90% were for loss of blueing from holster wear but lockup and timing was good, the 2 inch 629 had a firing pin on hammer the 6 inch 629 and the r92 had transfer bars. the r92 had nice curved wood grips and blueing was real good and its lockup was rock solid. he is leaning toward the r92, but would like to know what ya'll think and what ya'll would do? thanks

·
Premium Member
3,261 Posts
Both guns would probably work fine, I hate the safety on the rough rider. If it was me, I'd save another $100 bucks and get a used Ruger single six

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
Personally, I think I'd go with the r92; but I like the old 9-shots.

It all depends, however, which one fits the best.

The Roughrider combo is a very popular handgun for those who want the ease of having a 2 in 1 handgun. They also have a good reputation. The safety should be no issue...he doesn't have to use it...BUT if he has kids...that makes a difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts