close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Round one US - anti's 0

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by colt45, Jun 19, 2002.

1. Supreme Court Declines To Hear Emerson Case
    On Monday, the Supreme Court of the United States declined without comment to hear U.S. v. Emerson. And while the decision is bad news for the defendant, the non-ruling in the Emerson case does mean that the 5th Circuit Court’s finding that the Second Amendment protects an individual right will stand. Furthermore, when the Bush Department of Justice (DOJ) submitted its Emerson briefs, it included statements that our Right to Keep and Bear Arms is clearly an individual right protected by the Constitution, which can also be used in legal arguments against unconstitutional gun control laws. As NRA-ILA Executive Director Chris Cox explained to The New York Times, NRA was not concerned with the Supreme Court’s lack of decisive action, as "our client is the Second Amendment." Cox went on to say, "The Second Amendment won" when the Bush Administration made clear it supports the correct view that the right to arms is an individual, protected right.

Posted: 6/14/2002 4:57:49 PM

2. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    Things do seem to be better now. Since the change of administrations, I keep getting 'good' news as opposed to the 'terrifying' news during the Klinton era

3. That's refreshing, Doglips.

Anything to keep our heads above water is great.

4. Don't forget about the PRK they still need our help. The infection of liberals their is a national epidemic.
    Anybody got any penicillin?

5. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

excellent! excelsior! boo yah!

6. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

Nice to see I can't wait until they start working to lift bans and let certain bills sunset as they expire

7. NRAJOE

The problems with the liberals is they never want to see the sunset .

8. Stopper

Stopper G&G Newbie

We need to treat the lib's as a disease!

Then maybe we can get the CDC, AMA and others to fight with us against this terrible disease and hopefully eliminate it in our lifetimes.

You have a case of the lib's?

We have a vaccine for that now, it takes a few minutes to take affect, but you'll know it's working when you notice your head has come free from between your butt cheeks and you can breath and see more clearly!

9. NRAJOE

Hah,sounds good to me we'll cure liberalism yet!

10. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

Nice to see the good guys score a point once in a while,let's hope our luck holds!:nod: :nod: :nod: :D