RPH on the loose

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Tigercat200, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Tigercat200

Tigercat200 G&G Evangelist

Renegade unmanned drone wandered skies near nation’s capital - Yahoo! News

This line from the story really got my attention.

" According to the Los Angeles Times, drones in [COLOR=#366388 !important][COLOR=#366388 !important]Iraq [COLOR=#366388 !important]and [/COLOR][COLOR=#366388 !important]Afghanistan[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] have an uncommonly high failure rate, with at least 79 accidents so far at an average cost of $1 million per incident."

Then again, how many sorties have they flown? Still, a million dollars a pop. Wow. Still cheaper than an airplane with a pilot.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  2. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    I don't know; they might be better off using Warthogs for this sort of thing. There's no substitute for the human brain, and the Warthog is a very reliable airplane.

3. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

A-10 Lightning II aka WartHawg

Attached Files:

4. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

A-10's would do the trick alright

5. Well,

it doesn't totally relate to your post but one must realize a drone is an electronic device subject to failures. Sometimes these failures are due to problems on our end and in the future may be due to problems caused by a sophisticated opponent.

6. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

thats Thunderbolt not Lightning HR.

A10 Thunderbolt II was so named to honor the famously tough P-47 of WWII, both made by the same company.

7. Dragunov

Dragunov G&G Evangelist

It's all bada$$.... I want one.

8. I've heard on the news were haveing a high rate of success with the drones. Because of them weve managed to take out some key muslim terrorist heads.

I would like to see the Warthogs used on our southern border's. A short burst of there gatlin guns might make an illegal think twice before comeing here LOL

9. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

You're right, don't know what I was thinking(brain spasm), thanx.

Tha Air Guard here has a squadron of them stationed at the base by my house and they're constantly flying overhead along with other assorted aircraft & helos.