Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fired a RRA elite car a4 today with remington UMC .223 MC(it was all they had at wal mart) I put only 20 rounds through it, and afterwards I noticed that there are several brass colored nicks on the little deflector hump behind the ejection port and I can't remove the marks. Has anyone else experienced this problem. My only problem is it's brand new and clean everywhere else except for these very noticible marks.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Might as well get used to that. All the ARs I have had did that. Told it was normal, that is why that little hump is there. Really is aggravating isn't it.

·
Registered
280 Posts
That little deflector is called a brass deflector. It's normal and won't hurt anything. If it really bothers you try different ammo, it may or may not stop it.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
"Brass Deflector" Hmm, wonder what that means? Could it mean brass is going to hit it and the portrusion is going to deflect it? Wonder what happens when you rub soft (relatively) brass on hardened steel? :)

You need a rubber baby bumper. I think they make a strong magnetic one you can use made for this, or just buy one that has a sticky-back from a department store.

·
Registered
202 Posts
brass marks

I shot my first M-16 in the military 35 years ago, the marks were there then, I got me a new RRA Car15 in July, (one helluva gun for the price) and the marks are there now too, just part of the deal.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Revolvers have drag marks on the cylinder, AK's have missing finish under the safety lever, and AR's have brass marks on the shell deflector. Be glad it is there otherwise you would run the risk of gettin’ bonked in the bean by hot brass.
-UR

·
Registered
935 Posts
"Brass Deflector" Hmm, wonder what that means? Could it mean brass is going to hit it and the portrusion is going to deflect it? Wonder what happens when you rub soft (relatively) brass on hardened steel? :)
You need a rubber baby bumper. I think they make a strong magnetic one you can use made for this, or just buy one that has a sticky-back from a department store.

Ivan...The Brass Deflector was put there to keep the brass from hitting left handed shooters in the face. At least that's what I was told in the ARMY. I can remember when the M-16 didn't have it...That was back in the day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts