close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ruby Promises

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by DWFan, Apr 3, 2018.

1. DWFan

DWFan Handgunner

I generally like to keep my private life private but, for my son, his fiance' and my granddaughter, I make this exception. I invite you to look at this site and join our efforts to end DUI and distracted driving.
    https://rubypromises.godaddysites.com/
    Thank you.

ChaZam, Wicked109, swedesrus and 4 others like this.
  2. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

Still in my prayers. †

ChaZam, jwrauch, swedesrus and 2 others like this.

3. A beautiful tribute DW. The only things I might add is a mention that the fool who hit them (without using his name ) and the resolution of the case. Maybe something about any fundraising for any of the anti drinking and driving like Mother's Against Drunk Drivers or turn outs at awareness marches??

You and your family continue to live in my prayers for peace and to end drunk driving.

4. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

DWFan: Sir, our continued prayers. God bless

jwrauch, swedesrus and DWFan like this.
  5. Kmcdowell

Kmcdowell G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Omaha NE
    As a former drinker I can think of may times that I drove while intoxicated. As I reflect back, today, I can think of little else that I am more ashamed of than being a drunk driver. By the grace of God I never brought harm to anyone, but I believe getting behind the wheel of a car while intoxicated is in fact, intent to commit murder.

DW, I can not image what your family has been through as a result of this incident, but I appreciate your tribute and will continue to pray for you as you cope in the months and years to come.

ChaZam, jwrauch, cjleete and 5 others like this.
  6. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Did they ever lower the boom on the driver?

DWFan and Cyrano like this.
  7. I Joined !..................Everyone is in our prayers..........

neophyte and DWFan like this.
  8. DWFan

DWFan Handgunner

On the upper right of the home page are my son and his fiance's name. Click on those to read about them. To the right of their names is "MORE" and a small pull down arrow. Click on the arrow to get to pages on Ruby, the drunk driver and case outcome, how to donate to VIP (Victims Impact Panel), etc.

ncnascarlady likes this.
  9. DWFan

DWFan Handgunner

Victim's Impact Panel (VIP) is our preferred voice against drunk and impaired driving. (MADD did nothing to help us except ask for a donation.) VIP organizes meetings to address offenders who are court ordered to attend, but they also address students, drug rehab centers and even police graduating classes. Victims, designated offenders and police officers tell their stories and use video displays to get the story to the listeners.
    My wife speaks at these panels. This is where Ruby Promises originated. At the end of her presentation, she asks that the audience members give a Ruby promise to help end DUI and prevent families from having to deal with this horror. Since January of 2016, 3494 individuals have given her their promise.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    timv, ChaZam, jwrauch and 2 others like this.
  10. I can honestly say I've only driven drunk twice, and it was three times too many. I've seen what drunk driving can do to a family to want to ever risk putting another family or my own through that.

11. DWFan

DWFan Handgunner

Three consecutive life sentences.

12. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Prayer continued...

13. jwrauch

jwrauch G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I hate to admit that back in my younger days(60's and 70's) I did it more times than I can remember , and its only by God's grace that I never hurt anyone or got caught !!!

14. This may sound really weird, but I'm both disgusted and proud that I've driven drunk twice. Disgusted that I ever did it at all and that under duress. I was the most sober of the 7 of us and didn't want any of the others to drive, and proud that I've only done it twice and it didn't become a habit.

DWFan likes this.
  15. DWFan

DWFan Handgunner