Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen this site? I found it just tooling around the net while searching for Ruger stuff.

My main question is this, are the scope mounts/the rail that comes with the Ruger 10/22 really as bad as this person/website makes them out? Does one need to buy another one?

·
Premium Member
3,727 Posts
well i dont know what site your talking about. but i can tell you that in my experience i had a lot of trouble keeping mine zeroed.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Just got a chance to fire my new 10/22 on Sunday. Would choke on the fourth round almost every time. Don't know if it was the Federal ammo or the factory 10 round mag.

Would fire three just fine then nothing on the fourth. I'd take a look and the third shell would be stuck in the slide.:angryfire:

·
Since 03-15- 2002
26,963 Posts
Mine was bought in 1989. I mounted a 4x fixed weaver, lok-tighted the screws and have never made an adjustment.
Your welome to shoot it if you ever make it south of I80.

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
Just got a chance to fire my new 10/22 on Sunday. Would choke on the fourth round almost every time. Don't know if it was the Federal ammo or the factory 10 round mag.

Would fire three just fine then nothing on the fourth. I'd take a look and the third shell would be stuck in the slide.:angryfire:
I suspect the ammo. Upgrade to CCI.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
My main question is this, are the scope mounts/the rail that comes with the Ruger 10/22 really as bad as this person/website makes them out?
Opinions are like assholes.

I've had my current 10/22 for about 10 years. Never had a problem with keeping zero with the factory scope/mount. And I've abused this gun.

That dude highly recommends changing the factory wood. Huh?? I like mine. Screw him.

*Post is just my opinion. ::wink::

·
Registered
16,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
That's what I wanted to know, if anyone had used and had a problem using the Ruger scope mount. I would like to hear/see more then 2 posts/people that have used it and not had problems as this schmo said. I got my 10/22 toady, it came in sooner than I expected. The scope mount does feel kind of on the flimsy side, lighter then most, but due to the post so far that have stated they were fine, I'll at least go ahead and try it first. If I have problems I figure I can always change it then?

I'll also hope to get a few more good words for the Ruger scope base that came with it.

Jerry, I take it you used the blue locktite? Thanks in advance.

I thought I'd also add, like you Seven, that his opinion on the Ruger wood stock was biased in some way. I mean I've never heard anyone complain about the stock to begin with and the other, most only change it for or out of preference...

·
Registered
171 Posts
Two comments

Where did he get the advice about "lead" bullets. I have heard that fiction before but all the target bullets are lubricated lead and those folks shoot a lot of ammo. I have found "lead" bullets to be the most accurate even in the high speed rounds (I like CCI SGB). In general .22RFs don't have a problem with leading, powder fowling yes but not leading.

10/22 shooters in the know don't use a cleaning rod at all, preferring a pull through like a "Bore Snake" or a home made "bore wacker" made from weed wacker line.

The best source for information in 10/22s is rimfirecentral.com :)

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Seven, with beautiful wood like that shown I would never consider changing it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts