Gun and Game Forum banner

ruger 10/22 or malin mod 60

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  ruger22com 
#1 ·
I have both of these guns and they both work and run like champs. there both older models late 60s to early 70s but just wanted to get a lil debate going here witch gun do yall think is better for small game and just target shooting.

#6 ·
I have a Marlin 60 and have never had any issues. It is accurate and reliable. Another one I probably like better, though, is a Savage Mark II. I know it isn't an autoloader, but that little bolt action is light, accurate as anything, and reliable. The Savage is also less expensive and available at whatever Wal Marts still carry guns. I picked up my Savage at a pawn shop and my Marlin used at a gun shop.

#7 ·
Don't have the Ruger, but have had a Model 60 for about 25 years. The thing has never jammed. It'll shoot about 1 inch groups at 50 yards with most ammo. I know everyone talks about the Ruger as a target gun, but from what I have seen that is not for a stock rifle. The ones I have seen shoot very similar to the Marlin, unless you want to spend more than the cost of the rifle for a new barrel, trigger, etc. If I want something more accurate, I'll just pull out my CZ 452 American, which will shrink those groups to half an inch or less.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.