Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't have a .22 and everyone says you need one so I just picked one up. $159.00. Now I will end up spending $1000 on accessories:bigeyes:

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
LOL ... my philosophy: a hundred-dollar shine on a three-dollar pair of shoes.

I have a Ruger 10/22 also, great little guns.

·
Registered
11,239 Posts
Ruger has morphed?

The Ruger 10/22 seems to have morphed from a good little gun
to a starting point for customization. Anyway, many people really
do enjoy choosing from the phenominal amount of aftermarket
parts and services to, in a manner of speaking, "create their own
custom one-of-a-kind" gun.

Good luck and have fun.

·
Premium Member
3,727 Posts
The Ruger 10/22 seems to have morphed from a good little gun
to a starting point for customization. Anyway, many people really
do enjoy choosing from the phenominal amount of aftermarket
parts and services to, in a manner of speaking, "create their own
custom one-of-a-kind" gun.

Good luck and have fun.
indeed its realy alot of fun to do!

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Great price! And yes! You will end up spending more on accessories than you did for the rifle itself and you will enjoy every second of it!

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Not that we didn't catch it, we just see it as BLASHEMY!! lol to me its like heavily modifying a Mosin Nagant. It just isn't right. Likewise its just wrong to buy a 10/22 and not at the very least buy 2 25rd mags for it. Then maybe a better stock. Or build a stock! That's what I did. Then a scope or red dot helps. A quick mag release is essential to!

·
Registered
535 Posts
Be all of that as it may, I bought one in 1969 and it is still original. I still like to shoot it and kind of like the fact that it is still original in spite of all the gadgets that I could have put on it. I feel the need, at times, to get a barreled action and really trick it out, but this old one will remain the same.

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Be all of that as it may, I bought one in 1969 and it is still original. I still like to shoot it and kind of like the fact that it is still original in spite of all the gadgets that I could have put on it. I feel the need, at times, to get a barreled action and really trick it out, but this old one will remain the same.

Shun the unbeliever, shuuuuuunn....

lol that's pretty cool though to have had one that long and it still be original.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Yeah a couple of New Orleans blankity blanks in the Louisiana legerslature introduced a bill to bann 'em here!
I read that a few days ago, blows my mind that some idiot wants to ban a 10/22.
You folks in LA need to get together and do a mass e-mail to your law makers and tell them to get their sierra together or your voting them out of office.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Sports Authority price matched Brass Pro Shop's sale price for me on a 10/22. It was only $10 less then their sale, but it's a viable option for those of us who don't have a BPS close. Thanks for the heads up on the sale! Spurred me to get another Ruger, which is never a bad thing, and I saved $10 extra.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I read that a few days ago, blows my mind that some idiot wants to ban a 10/22.
You folks in LA need to get together and do a mass e-mail to your law makers and tell them to get their sierra together or your voting them out of office.
Well I don't know about the rest of LA but my son and I are in the process of writing every listed House member in this state I've already got the addresses down 105 of them, tomorrow I'm going after the envelopes I do believe that between my son and myself we'll scronge up enough stamps. I also have the "form letter" written that we intend to send.

·
Registered
54 Posts
good luck a good used one go for 160.00+around here .but if your going to work it over all you need is the reciver i bought my last one for100.00 at a gun show shop for a barrel stock combo good hammer and searand for 400.00 you will out shoot 10-22target guns...

·
Things are not what they seem.
11,797 Posts
I'll have to join the ranks of those who didn't mod theirs. Mine is a walnut stocked carbine model that I got on a store closing sale about '78. I paid $50 for it, NIB. Added a $10 "wide screen" scope from a show and it's been shooting extremely well ever since.

I think about modding it, but then I figure the mods cost so much I might as well get another one from a show to start with and not worry about desecrating mine.

Does anyone here have the Mannlicher stocked rifle model? I'd love to have one of those, but I think that's pretty much in the collector's realm now.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts