Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd share this in case anyone is interested or has / is experiencing Stovepipe or Failure to Eject Issues on the Ruger 10/22

In about the last year or so my Vintage (1978, new to me in 83) 10/22 started getting Stovepipes which have slowly gotten worse when using the BX-25 Magazines, Anyway I started researching it and decided to record my efforts to correct it and understand the Nuances of America's favorite 22 Rifles function. Long story short I made the linked Video with a Lot of Yapping and going over stuff with a couple of fixes that worked best (at least in my case).

SPOILER - Replacing or Tuning your Extractor and Biasing the Magazine to one side had the most bang for the Buck.

Comments and Discussion Welcome!

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Good point. Before I looked was gonna blame the magazine alone. Had two 10/22 in the past one made in 66 and one from around 1981. Never a problem but depends how much ammo fired over the years I guess. Tension on the spring of my newer Ruger American bolt 22 mag. seemed very light when loading so called and was sent a new one which seemed to feed every round smoother. Thanks for your tip.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts