Ruger 10/22

Discussion in 'Rimfire Rifles' started by Dannyboy53, May 30, 2020.

1. jerry

jerry Since 03-15- 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    I put the shotgun with sling next to my 88 10-22. It’s a narrow version, which seems to be plenty. IMG_6008.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Gun and Game mobile app

ammodotcom, noelekal and Dannyboy53 like this.
  2. jerry

USA

3. Dannyboy53

Dannyboy53 G&G Evangelist

jerry likes this.
  4. jerry

USA
    I honestly didn’t realize that until I looked it up. Learn something new every day :)

Sent from my iPhone using Gun and Game mobile app

Dannyboy53 likes this.
  5. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

Maybe if we called them "moderators" here in the states it would be easier to get them.

K75RT and Dannyboy53 like this.
  6. chris l2018

chris l2018 G&G Evangelist

UK
    Shooters over here decided a few years ago that "silencer" had Hollywood/bad guy connotations, and the unwashed public disliked the idea

So we refer to them as "moderators", because nobody objects to that.

You do what you have to

For airguns they're over the counter; for firearms they're 'on ticket' and have to be proofed

Dannyboy53 likes this.
  7. OneShotKill

OneShotKill G&G Evangelist

Oklahoma
    https://www.cdnnsports.com/lasermax-rugerr-1022r-laser-and-25rd-smoke-mag.html#.XtksGm5FzIU

Forgot to mention, Ruger has their own little specialized laser for the 1022, here is one, plus a 25 round magazine for $29.99 plus shipping. I do not own one but have played with one and they are fine, just like any low power laser. At 22 ranges at night or overcast days, not much difference in a $30 one and a $300 one. I shoot skunks at night about once or twice a year, usually with my 1911-22 suppressed but this laser on the 1022 would be great for that as well. Just put a clamp on light rail and the laser and any varmint in the yard or chicken coop is easy to dispatch.

One of the fun things about lasers on a 22 is you can hip shoot or even shoot sideways or over your shoulder and hit targets. Probably do not want to teach the kids to do that. I learned it in law enforcement when you needed to shoot around corners without putting your face behind the gun. As long as you can take a tiny peek or even stick a mirror around the corner, the barrel of the gun and laser barely needs to be exposed to make hits. Pretty EZ and fun with a 22. Not so much with a 45 or 10mm. It also works well on rats at night, you can hold a flashlight in the off hand to locate the rat, and the gun anywhere, even at waist level, just as long as you can get the laser to get through other obstacles. Obviously, the safety issue comes first when your eye are not directly behind the gun, but fun.

There is added fun when holding a long gun at the waist and getting hits, I have them on ARs. They do not replace anything, just an extra tool.

The 1022 with subsonic ammo (CCI quiet, 710 fps) is pretty quiet without the suppressor and the Aquila 60 grain suppressed is really quiet without the need of a suppressor.

Been doing business with the CDNN folks over 20 years, great company in Abilene, Texas. They are also a good source for AR uppers (including pistol uppers in 5.56, 300 BLK and 7.62 x 39) and all types of guns at good prices. Usually better than the well known on-line marketers.

FWIW

8. Dannyboy53

That is interesting info OSK, and thank you for the link!

jerry and OneShotKill like this.
  9. Dannyboy53

Really strange that info on my carbine doesn't turn up in a search by S/N. Even searching the list, mine (125-56053) isn't there!

jerry likes this.
  10. jerry

USA
    I’ve run across a lot of anomalies in regards to firearm SN vs date of mfg scenarios

K75RT likes this.
  11. Dannyboy53

Thanks Jerry, what book do you have that you got the year model of mine from? If it has more info I may want to get one!

12. jerry

USA
    It may be a little tricky to find?

Attached Files:

Dannyboy53 likes this.
  13. Dannyboy53

I'l try, thank you Jerry.

jerry, Jaison and K75RT like this.
  14. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

Idle question does anybody have any experience with (I don't remember whether it was magpul or promag) the 32 round mag or 55 round drum for the Ruger 1022?

Dannyboy53 likes this.
  15. Dannyboy53

Sorry blue fox, that was "before my time"! I have recently heard of the 100 round drum.

16. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

I just saw these last week. I know you can't be that young. :D

Dannyboy53 likes this.
  17. Dannyboy53

Actually I didn't mean it the way it came out! I meant I'm young to the 10/22 business...but I'm 66 in all other aspects!

Ron The Legend likes this.
  18. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

Oh I know. I have 2 of these in my safe. One is mine and one is for a grandson. Mine now has a scope that I need to take to the range to get sighted in. somewhere on here is (I think) a pic of it before the scope with a stock setup holding a double speedloader pouch for the 10 round magazines.

Dannyboy53 likes this.
  19. OneShotKill

Oklahoma
    Dannyboy53 likes this.
  20. OneShotKill

Oklahoma