Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
I wouldn't mind a few as in 3. A old vintage walnut stocked carbine with the alloy trigger housing, a newer tricked out target model and a newer takedown similar to above.

·
Registered
10,956 Posts
Took mine to the range today. dialed in the scope dead on at 7 yards. Moved the target to 25 yards and was shooting high left. Had to totally redial it. However, as long as I did my part it was dead on at that point. think I did fairly well for a first time scope mount. I had the wife sew up an elastic butt cuff that holds a double speedloader setup which holds two 10 round mags easily. I think I posted a pic of it here somewhere. I do think that I might try and find a longer stock for it though

·
Registered
100 Posts
I wouldn't mind a few as in 3. A old vintage walnut stocked carbine with the alloy trigger housing, a newer tricked out target model and a newer takedown similar to above.
I had a 50th Anniversary 10-22 target model, but traded it in on my Springfield Armory Saint in 308.

Honestly, I think it weighed about as much as my Saint! LOL

Randie
Fort Smith, AR

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
There is something special about the 10/22, they are just so adaptable, you can turn them into practically anything to suit your needs!

This is the current and most recent rendition of my 10/22 all weather, had it about 10 years now. I like it simple and light. with this 1-4x scope on it its very accurate inside 100 yards our so while also having a great FOV and easy quick target acquisition. I love the combo, even if the scope does seem alittle big/ heavy, but its also sorta fits the profile of the rifle well.

I just took it out to zero it and its very easy to make both 50 and 100 yard hits on 4" stickys. at 50 its a tack driver, maybe not quite at 100 though!

I have had my eye on one of the magpul stocks for them, maybe if i can find a good deal in the future ill add that to the mix.

1022.jpg

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
I didn't have the 50th anniversary model but I did pick up a used target model identical to that and had modified it into what I called "Napster" a morbid joke about that companies logo. And used it to handle "yard varmints" fighting with the outside family cats and trying to steal their food.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have owned several of them with different stock configurations . Back in the 80s I had the opportunity to purchase one with a full length ( manlicer style ) stock but foolishly passed it up . All have shot good with the exception of one odd ball .

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Why remove the bolt catch / release?
modified, not removed. It's a common mod.

"Enables the shooter to simply pull back the bolt slightly to the rear and the bolt automatically releases, thus eliminating the need to push up and backward on the bolt lock mechanism to release the bolt. This 10/22 accessory is practically a must-have and is a customer favorite."

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
modified, not removed. It's a common mod.

"Enables the shooter to simply pull back the bolt slightly to the rear and the bolt automatically releases, thus eliminating the need to push up and backward on the bolt lock mechanism to release the bolt. This 10/22 accessory is practically a must-have and is a customer favorite."

I must have read it wrong! improved makes sense, removed did not!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
This is my little 10-22 Take Down with Magpul Back Packer stock, 3 spare magazines under the cheek piece and a Feyachi Reflex Sight (2 color & 4 different reticles)..... View attachment 164395
View attachment 164396
View attachment 164397

Randie
Fort Smith, AR
Cool. That stock with storage is a great option.
I have the same optic on my camo take down charger, mine has several aiming points, I keep it on a smiley face. I shoot mine suppressed. It is truly whisper quiet at around 75 db. Lots of armchair experts tell me that is not possible, no one who has shot it disagrees. If you do not shoot suppressed with a 22, you are missing a great concept.
I do have a regular 1022, but it never leaves the house anymore. Mine looks like this.

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
Great pics guys. The ole 10/22 sure has come a long way since 64. Sure is one super handy 22. Love the barrel length the best. When Ruger came out with the R/A compact in 22 mag I was all over it. Was on Rugers web yesterday by the way and notice the American rimfires like mine are listed at $439 up from $339 recently.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts