Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know if the Ruger 22/45 is any good looks really cool but was wondering if anybody had any experience looking for the good, the bad, and the ugly.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I was just looking at a used one at my local gun shop. The grip angle does feel quite like a 1911, I was tempted to get it. Maybe when my tax refund gets here.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that is why i like them they have the 1911 grip and i want to get one of those and that would get me prepared for it.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Lots of folks have problems with disassemble/assembly. I have modded several for guys, I use a MK II trigger set from VQ and get rid of the mag disconnecter. The factory grip is narrow compared to a 1911. I mill off the plastic grip and install 1911 panels.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lots of folks have problems with disassemble/assembly. I have modded several for guys, I use a MK II trigger set from VQ and get rid of the mag disconnecter. The factory grip is narrow compared to a 1911. I mill off the plastic grip and install 1911 panels.
Well i do like the feel of the grip as it is but it sounds like it needs a trigger job. Well that doesn't sound too bad.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have a Mark II 22/45 with 5.5" Bull Barrel and I love it. It is accurate and runs like a champ.

But, a friend of mine had ordered a Mark III 22/45 and neither he nor I liked the slimmer Mark III 22/45 grip. The Mark II and Mark III 22/45s are different and my buddy and I think that Ruger ruined it with the Mark III.

But then again, that's just all personal preference. If you like it, then get it. Ruger Mark I, II, and III semi-autos are excellent guns.

madcratebuilder, your mod is excellent! I believe I would like that if I had a Mark III 22/45.

ClayMan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts