Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
two-70 That rifle right there is as perty as a speckled pup and slicker than a town dog !!!!!
It's a lot pertier than my black synthectic stock Ruger. Thanks for the pictures and now the TEST begins !!!
I hope you have better luck with the Winchester ammo than I had LOL...
That Limb Saver Barrel De-Resonator may make rifles shoot anything you put in them.
After hunting season I'll do some testing.
VERY NICE Looking Rifle feller...A.H

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Yea, they really improved the looks on the Hawkey's. After a couple Ruger lemons, I have not been a big fan of the Ruger centerfires, but I may have to give them another chance. I am thinking on it at least. Be sure to let us know how it shoots.

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
SilverRun though I've never owned a Ruger High Power rifle before I had heard that they shot bad groups and I suppose the out fit Ruger had makeing the barrels quality control was poor.
When I heard Ruger had started makeing there own barrels I Immediatly went to looking at Rugers.
And as soon as I did they came out with the Hawk Eye. I already loved the Mauser style actions and this new rifle model assured I wouldn't get one with a crappy barrel.
I took a chance and bought one...I wouldn't mislead anybody nor lie to anyone !!!
Theres nothing about this rifle to dislike, it's got eye appeal and mine praise the Lord is as accurate as it can be.
The only problem I have with it is the trigger LOL I ain't ever had one where it breaks so clean and fast like this gun and that ain't bad at all...A.H

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
YAY! I was so glad to see you bought the blued walnut version after I clicked on this thread :D

You`re not an expatriate Canadian? You typed " Moounted" and " oout "

I`m joking and will now shut up...

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
I defy anyone who is partial to traditional bolt action hunting rifles, to look at a blued wood Model 77 Ruger and not want it.

Triggers can be worked on or replaced, accuracy can be attained with paitence and effort, a reliable good looking rifle will bring you joy for years.

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Have they ? I read where they bought new Hi tech hammer mills in the past coulpe years Imported from somewhere in Europe.
I gained this info from magazines and the Internet last year and too Ruger has been avertising there quote: New Hammer Fordged Barrels.
So if they did manufacture there barrels since the 80's which I have no reason to dougth. Then they've Improved there process of barrel manufacturing to a higher level.
No ofence but for years I heard Rugers didn't shoot tight groups though some buyers got lucky. but as a whole they were loose.
By the way I concede that it seems a lot of manufactures have Improved the accuratcy of there rifles.
Which is a good thing for us don't you think.

The New Ruger Rifles have the Mauser type actions and need I say more about them ?
The New Ruger Rifles have a slimmer stocks you can wrap your hands around.
The New Ruger Rifles have all steel construction where as the M77's had aluminum floor plates and trigger guard.
The New Rugers Rifles have there New Hammer Fordged Barrels that have made them tact drivers.
The New Ruger Rifles have a Target style trigger to aid in accurantcy.

I don't believe they would have strong rifle sales if they hadn't of made these Improvements.
Weve got another nice rifle to choose from now...A.H

·
Registered
4 Posts
ruger m77 hawkeye

i bought this rifle new. i will say that this hawkeye is a great gun for the price. i paid 600.00 i love the gun it looks great, shoots great, and i think the trigger is amazing.

·
Banned
623 Posts
Two-70, Congrats on a great new rifle...and scope combination! I'm pretty sure you'll find the range session a happy one sighting in an excellent rifle with an excellent scope on top. For the record, I own 5 Rugers now...three 77s and two #1s. All but one wear leupold scopes, so seems we think something alike. I also have bought each of my 2 sons in law Ruger 77s as their first deer rifles (so far I've been too cheap to get them the Leupold scopes though...lol). Good luck and congrats again!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts