Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When cleaning my Ruger P95DC that I purchased in 2000, the recoil spring collar and recoil spring retainer clip popped off the end of the guide rod. I found the collar but couldn't find the tiny retainer clip. This gun has almost 3,000 rounds thru it and has always performed flawlessly. This was the first hint of any problem, and the real problem was, I couldn't find the retainer clip.

I called Ruger and explained the situation to them, and the parts I needed. I told them I wanted to order both the collar and the retaining clip. The collars are listed on the website at 1.50 each and the retaining clips are 50 cents each. "How many do you want?" the service tech asked me. "Go ahead and send me three of each please, in case it happens again." I have two P95DCs so I was stocking up. Service tech asked for my address, and told me he would send them right out. Based on the prices and shipping charge listed on the website, I expected to pay $9.50 for the parts ($6 + $3.50 shipping).

I asked him if he wanted my credit card number. He said "No, we're going to send them to you at no charge, because we value you as a customer and stand behind our products."

I received my parts a few days later and installed them. I have always had good experience with Ruger products and service and this experience only enhanced my opinion of their company.

BTW, the P95DC was still functional without the retaining clip. I put 50 rounds thru it without it, to test operation and see if it would cause any problems. The only difference was I had to hold the spring in place on the guide rod when re-assembling the pistol, a minor inconvenience for me but one that didn't effect the function of the firearm. So if I'd needed it while I was waiting on parts, in this case the Ruger was still "good to go".

Jay1958

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
I've never seen a bad post about Ruger service,one post sticks out in my mind.A poster damaged his Ruger wheel gun pretty bad ,and sent it off to Ruger for repair ,the gun was returned free of charge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts