Gun and Game Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
35,663 Posts
Just be sure before shipping that uour gun has no aftermarket/custom parts installed. Ruger will remove them and replace with their parts, and you won't get your parts back.

·
Wonderment :)
32,049 Posts
information: Some don’t know :)

https://ruger.com/service/partsService.html

SHOTGUNS, RIFLES AND REVOLVERS (336-949-5200)
POLISH AND REBLUE Labor charge per firearm (does not include parts and shipping)
Shotguns $130.00
Revolvers and most rifles $130.00

10/22s
(includes refinishing of all metal components) $100.00 (not necessary for re-barreling)

RE-BARREL Labor charge per firearm (does not include parts and shipping)

Shotguns $130.00

No. 1 rifles and 77/22 Hornet $105.00

M77 Mark IIs and Hawkeyes $80.00 (no sights installation available)

Mini-14s and Mini Thirty rifles $80.00

Single-Action Revolvers $80.00

Double-Action Revolvers $80.00

FIT NEW STOCKS Labor charge per firearm (does not include parts and shipping)

Shotguns (20 ga. Prefix "400-" or "410-" not available) $50.00

No. 1 and M77 Mark II Magnums $50.00

M77 Mark IIs and Hawkeyes $35.00

10/22s, 77/22s, and Mini-14s $30.00

Stock Refinishing Not offered as a service

FIT NEW CYLINDERS Charge per cylinder (does not include parts and shipping)

Single and double-actions $50.00

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Just be sure before shipping that uour gun has no aftermarket/custom parts installed. Ruger will remove them and replace with their parts, and you won't get your parts back.
No worries. All stock and still have the original case it was bought in.

·
Premium Member
23,354 Posts
No worries. All stock and still have the original case it was bought in.
I would question them carefully about whether you should ship it back in the original case, and if so whether they have the means to protect it see to it that you get that stuff back. I know a guy who sent a EAA pistol back in the original case, and the original box that the case came in. He careful put all of that inside a durable well padded generic box. In about 6 months he got his firearm back without any of that original packaging that he so carefully protected his firearm in.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I would question them carefully about whether you should ship it back in the original case, and if so whether they have the means to protect it see to it that you get that stuff back. I know a guy who sent a EAA pistol back in the original case, and the original box that the case came in. He careful put all of that inside a durable well padded generic box. In about 6 months he got his firearm back without any of that original packaging that he so carefully protected his firearm in.
Yea, it states on the site to remove anything that you don't want to lose. Lol It's just the basic plastic ruger box. I'm gonna take everything out and pad the inside with bubble wrap. I figure it will be more secure in that than trying to find a suitable box for it to fit in. You have to call them first for an rma#, so I'll double check if that will be returned also.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
So that was fast. I sent it off last Monday the 12th and it is headed back to me today. Will get it Thursday. So it cost me about $65 to ship it 2 day and $175 for Ruger including shipping. So it cost me $240. That's probably better than buying a used one and sending it to a gunsmith to make sure it fit correctly. I'm good with it.

·
Super Moderator
11,523 Posts
As an addition to what Barry said, I have stoned many a cylinder to get it to fit a certain revolver, but whatever steel Ruger uses is a PITA to stone.

To answer your question, a used cylinder might be too short as it was already fitted to another gun.
Very true. I had some trigger work done by Ron Powers on a .44 mag Redhawk. Was helping him with a project and as appreciation he did some metal checkering. He told me "that is the hardest dam* metal in any gun made." They most take it to a higher RC than anyone else.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts