Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Since 03-15- 2002
28,229 Posts
Some folks might disagree but the LC380 can fit in a pocket why wear it on a belt? Wear a slim 9/40/45, et al on your hip and keep that LCP in your pocket!
The LC380 can fit in a pocket depending on pocket and pants. The LCP is smaller. LC380 is same size as LC9(s)
I find the LC380 to work well appendix in a sticky.
Good question as to why I have a bit over size 380? I initially bought it for my daughter. Recoil operated, bit bigger size in an already controllable caliber. She never warmed up to it, so I use it in the rotation with Speer Gold Dot or Buffalo Bore.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We bought the LC9S when I was building two 1911s and working on triggers. I noticed how great it was, so I put my trigger gauge on about a dozen carry guns that I own doing 10 tests per gun and in particular detailing how consistent the triggers would be. Ten slow pulls on the gauge the little gun measured 4.5 pounds every time. Even my highly tuned 1911s would have a small variation., and I also set them at exactly 4.5 pounds. Just as cool was the smoothness, as smooth as my brain could measure. A good trigger is , of course, essential to accuracy. Of the single stack 9mms I have to rate it at the top. I have the Glock 42, 43, Keltch Pf9, LCP Custom, Seacamp, Berretta, Remington, Taurus 738, PPKs, and several pocket guns in 22 and 25, none have a trigger or shoot that accurately. Recently the family acquired two of the SW Shield EZ 380s. Both have excellent triggers as to most off the shelf guns these days, but none could be better than the little Ruger. I think they are one of the best hidden values out there. They now sell one with fixed sights that is really pretty cheap. I love my Ruger revolvers and rifles but never warmed up to many of their semi autos, however, I think today both Ruger and Taurus are probably about the best buys out there. Off the subject a bit, but for folks into revolvers, the new Kimber line of tiny 357 Mag 6 shooters have a remarkable DA trigger. and would be my choice even above my SW J frame collection, They are however, about $1K. I have tried a dozen or more, they are great.

A little larger than I want for my front pocket but at 17 ounces, not much more that the airweight J frames (15 ounces) and lots more firepower.

As to the 380 9mm debate, I am with Jerry on the hot 380s. The Buffalo Bore loads will all exceed 250 foot pounds of energy in the tiniest of guns. 380 Auto +P Pistol & Handgun Ammunition (buffalobore.com) That will never equal 9mm, but it will exceed most of my favorite 2 inch J frames gun in 38 Special Plus P. And if the gun holds 10 of them, much better than any 38.

So, a cheap holster deal, $20 for Desantis.. My 2 cents.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts