Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I once had a Ruger rep tell me that all
Ruger handguns were proof tested with a
mixture of loads that run 30% above normal
before they leave the factory!

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
thats what the factory is telling us at the gun shop and if you look in some loading manuales they have a seperate section for ruger cause they can handle the heavy stuff.

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,572 Posts
It would be smart business to recommend only a certain pressure range, ie. standard pressures for most factory loaded ammo. Then, build in a burst or safety factor. It's done in the fitting & hose industry alot. It's a safety factor for the occasional ooops. Typically you wouldn't want the burst factor to be used as part of the pressure specifications.

The load data for Rugers ie. in .45 Colt in my speer manual would be good to go. But I wouldn't push past the recommended load data.

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,572 Posts
Iv'e been real happy with mine:
10/22
.22 pistol
Blackhawk convertable
P90

Some people here have not had good luck, or had a bad experience. that's too bad. Bad rap for an American gun maker.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,216 Posts
Got a 9MM Stainless 95DC and a stainless 10/22...I've had alot of Rugers through the years...sadly, I sold them when someone would offer me more than I paid for them...gotta stop that!

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,572 Posts
SP's are nice, I like the little 9mm.

An autoloader scattergun would be cool. In due time I'm sure. Thier marketing does a good job of pacing themselves. Or, the market just may not be there. A lot of 'em are players in the market.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
we have sold several old security sixes in the last six months all satinless most in 4" two in 6" one i have. all of them went for $225 - $250. not too bad on price.
the sp is a heack of a gun and with the new shoulder holsters now offered by ruger it sure looks like a sweet lil carry gun.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
joe thats what i do all the time, if offered more than i paid for one i sell it thats what we do at teh gun shop, you just have to replace the inventory, he he he he he he.
i drive the pistol permit clerk nuts ( NY has to register each and every handgun seperatly on our permits and have them taken off when sold and prove they went to a dealer or another permit holder.) she hates seeing me come in i think i have like six or seven adendums to my permit allreday and i'm like one line away from my next one. and we just got in a sweet super redhawk 44 ss in, might have to come back home with me it looks lonely at the shop.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
if i knew what she was going to do with it, i'd send you up the ss 4' that is sitting on the back shelf a lady bought it for her husband for a x-mas present back in october and still hasn't come to get it yet. its paid for so i can't put it back in the case yet till i find out what she is gona do with it, hubby must have been a bad boy or she just forgot about it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I owned two security- sixes at one time, one blue
and one stainless both with 4" tubes. At the time,
S&W 19's were hard to get for some reason; but
the Ruger SS proved too be a rewarding experience.
$225-250 isn't a bad price for these fine weapons.

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
I own three different Rugers....I love them all.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Also, I owned a Ruger 77-R in .338 Winchester
Magnum; with the inscription "made in the 200th
year of American Liberty" on the barrel. But, it
was way too much gun for anything here
in central Dixieland; so I traded it for a then NIB
factory nickel 5" barrel Smith & Wesson
model 27. Oh! I ought have my BUTT kicked for
getting rid of that S&W!:nod:

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Ala Dan.....both my Mini14 and MarkII22 have the same inscription on the side of the receiver.

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Yes...actualy my "Book Of Modern Gun Values" say that it makes them "considerably more valuable." But it does not give a $$number.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts