Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you like these nifty little rifles? I know they look awesome in the store, but after using it how do you like it? What kind of scope do you use? I am looking at these for my daughter that will be hunting this year. But I want one too, lol. I know they offer their other carbine in .260 Rem, I wish they offered it in this model as well.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
I hate to comment not having one myself, but I love the idea, only wish they didn't equate the scout rifle concept with the shortest barrel legal. I would love a scout scope setup with a 20-22" barrel.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I like the looks of them too. Do you know if you can place the scope in the "normal" posistion instead of scout posistion?

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I like the overall size of the rifle. Where I hunt, its mountainous(for Arkansas) and thick and it looks like it would be easy to carry through the brush. I've never used a scope in the scout posistion but I don't think I would like it as much.

·
Registered
5 Posts
USMC0332 said:
How do you like these nifty little rifles? I know they look awesome in the store, but after using it how do you like it? What kind of scope do you use? I am looking at these for my daughter that will be hunting this year. But I want one too, lol. I know they offer their other carbine in .260 Rem, I wish they offered it in this model as well.

I don't have a scout but I do own the compact with the 16 1/2 inch barrel in 260 Rem. It is the most accurate gun in my case. I killed an 8 point buck at 175 yards with a Nosler Ballistic Tip (120 grain). It shoots clover leafs at 100 yards. Billy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts