Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked this up and was wondering what it was worth. It was a daily carry for a security company. Shows some wear on the stainless and the rubber grip.

I didn't really want it but I figured for $200 I couldn't go wrong.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I was just looking in the blue book. Hard to tell exactly just from the pics, but likely in the $250-$275 range. Are you sure that it is not a .357 mag? The book was a little confusing, but it seemed like the stainless were all .357. But, like I said - it was a bit confusing. Either way, $200 is a good deal. Should be a great pistol to have around!

If it is a .357, then it is worth more of course.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was just looking in the blue book. Hard to tell exactly just from the pics, but likely in the $250-$275 range. Are you sure that it is not a .357 mag? The book was a little confusing, but it seemed like the stainless were all .357. But, like I said - it was a bit confusing. Either way, $200 is a good deal. Should be a great pistol to have around!

If it is a .357, then it is worth more of course.
I was finding the same thing online but stamped into the side is ".38 Special Cal". Maybe rare and worth more :)

·
Registered
17,218 Posts
flcaptainbill...The picture you posted looks almost identical to the Stainless Steel, Ruger .357 Magnum Security Six that I have. Of course, it can be used for 38 special rounds, too.

Mine has only been fired a few times and appears like new. Best I can tell mine was made in around 1984. I paid $375 for it two years ago because it was in such great condition. It has "Presentation" Pachmeyer Grips installed, too.

Ox

·
Registered
274 Posts
I think $200 is a good price. I paid about $250 for a Ruger Service 6 SS DAO in .38 spl that was in really good condition. Ruger customer service researched it for me: it was part of a contract sale to the NYPD just a couple of years before the department went to autos.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts