Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEy guys, know I haven't posted in a while but work and family have kept me pretty busy, but I was wondering if any of you have had a chance to look at or shoot any of the hawkeye,s yet? how do they compare to the markII od I for that matter. Always prefered the safe of the markI to the mark II. I did notice that ruger has dropped alot of thier caliber options for both guns this year and that the prices as a whole,not just ruger are going to be going up aleast another 20% by the end of fall.

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Greetings okami515 I bought a Ruger Hawkeye in 308 caliber 2 weeks ago and I like everything about mine.
I chose the Syn/Stainless model, fortunitly for me it fits me as if it were custom built. The fit and finish is perfect !
Notable features are Ruger's own hammer forged barrels and LC-6 triggers there useing for there rifles now.
Trigger pull breaks cleaner than anything I've pulled the trigger on !
The short boltaction (the 1st. i've ever seen ) is very handsome and the mauser style makes this rifle rock !

Now after reading all this you may be asking... HOW'S IT SHOOT !
Hell I don't know ! I went broke buy'en it and the scope ! I ain't got no money left to buy ammo !...A.H

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well A. H. such is the luck of us all. but it won't take long for you to scrounge up some ammo. as for the trigger pull you said it breaks clean but at what poundage? does it have the normal lawyerproof trigger pull of say8+ lbs or a bit less?

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
I don't have away to measure it but it is NOT at all heavy.
I just received a like new cz 82 today so i will go out and shoot all 3 of my new firearms one day next week.
The other purchase I made 3 or 4 weeks ago was a Mossberg 930 semiauto turkey shotgun...I'm thinking about for next weeks purchase a SKS and rig it out accordingly.
feller you can't go wrong with a Ruger they just bumped up'ed there boltaction line 10 notches,,,get you one and don't look back...A.H

·
Registered
740 Posts
I don't have away to measure it but it is NOT at all heavy.
I finally went out and bought a cheap trigger pull gauge. I was quite surprised at what I learned with it. There is a very close correlation between accuracy and low trigger pull weight. Guns with high trigger pull weights are not accurate. I also found out my trigger pull guesstimates before I bought the gauge were way off. I was amazed at what I learned about my collection and shooting tendencies from using a trigger pull gauge.

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
I can dry fire my Ruger with out the cross hairs moveing, but I would'nt dare guess what the weight is.

What ever it is I'm not changing it...A.H

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,313 Posts
Yep, a fine trigger is one thing that sets a target rifle aside from a sporter! Truthfully, some of my target rifles have triggers I wouldn't want on a field rifle!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Yep, a fine trigger is one thing that sets a target rifle aside from a sporter! Truthfully, some of my target rifles have triggers I wouldn't want on a field rifle!
I took all my hunting rifles and set them to between 27 and 29ozs. That's not too light to be dangerous but yet it's low enough to let me shoot long range with some confidence that I won't move the POI when I squeeze the trigger.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought a M77 Hawkeye in 308 about 4 weeks ago. The day I picked it up I added a Zeizz Conquest scope. I unfortunatly have not had the chance to get it out of the gun cabinet yet to try it out. I hope to be at the range next week.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts