close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Chris
ruger2.JPG
Chris
ruger2.JPG
bc07132009 003.jpg
image.jpeg

Ruger LCP

Introduced in 2008, Ruger defined the modern pistol. Beloved by concealed carry holders due to it's lightweight and .380 caliber.
ruger2.JPG bc07132009 003.jpg image.jpeg
  1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

This thread is for the general discussion of the Item LCP. Please add to the discussion here.

jerry, Dutch and Mindy up North like this.
  2. Mindy up North

Mindy up North G&G Evangelist

Had my LCP 2 for a short while and loved it so much I bought a second one. For the price, I think they are a great purchase compared to other mouse guns of similar design.

3. animalspooker

animalspooker G&G Evangelist

SEMO
    I am not a fan of the .380 myself, but I probably sell more, and have more requests for, that gun than any other CC handgun.

neophyte, Mindy up North and Dutch like this.
  4. Ron The Legend

Ron The Legend G&G Evangelist

My wife and I bought each other LCP's for our anniversary several years ago. Always have them on us now when going to town or a walk on the property with the dogs. She had to kill a prairie rattler under our camper with it when it coiled and hissed at us. Hit it 4 out of 5 shots with it.

5. Mindy up North

Mindy up North G&G Evangelist

I was never much of a fan either, but these little rascals conceal very well, and the ammunition now available far surpasses what was offered years ago. I prefer to carry a full or mid frame defensive gun with me when able, but there are times when my clothing won't allow concealing larger guns very well. My LCP2 covers this problem inexpensively. I have to add that I do prefer the new generation better than the first because of the locking slide and better trigger (at least I think it's better)...I can also grip it better too.

6. Kmcdowell

Kmcdowell G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Omaha NE
    I have several Rugers and they build great guns for the money. I've never had an LCP but those who have usually swear by them. As I prefer SAO pocket Guns I have a Kimber Micro 380 that is easy to pocket carry and can be carried cocked and locked.

Coach, neophyte and Mindy up North like this.
  7. bsshog40

bsshog40 G&G Enthusiast

Texas
    I bought my wife one. Changed the grips out for pink ones. Its her daily conceal carry.

Ron The Legend and neophyte like this.
  8. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

I have gotten to the point that I feel undressed without my LCP. It fits very comfortably inside the waistband.

9. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

Great little back up guns.
    Uncle Mikes #10 holster is a perfect match.

10. I keep it on me all the time.
    And sometimes shoot clays sitting on the 50 yard berm for giggles.
    I don't hit em everytime of course
    But I am always close enough that I know I can nail a giant target IE man sized each time

11. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

Pocket rider daily :) it has chased golf balls @5-10 paces :) Yes; special ordered :)

image.jpeg

12. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

The Ruger LCP was one of my first pistols for concealed carry. It's still a big favorite of mine.

13. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Agree with Mindy on the LCPII being a value added upgrade.

Mindy up North and Chris like this.
  14. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

Man, don't let TnPirate see that little PINK thing. :D

15. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

I am thinking about finding a shoulder holster setup for my LCP.

neophyte likes this.
  16. animalspooker

animalspooker G&G Evangelist

SEMO
    Neo? Raspberry? Really?

17. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

18. TheWall

TheWall Firearm Affectionado Forum Contributor

I have the LC9s which is similar. I carry it daily in my Don Hume pocket holster.

neophyte and Ron The Legend like this.
  19. Reasonable

Reasonable G&G Newbie

I own a Ruger LCP .380. It's not my first choice for concealed carry. For that I prefer a 9 mm compact with more stopping power and higher capacity. But in the deep south, especially in the summer heat of Florida and Texas where I have lived, concealed carry can be difficult. The default then is to a pocket pistol. And this Ruger .380 LCP is the best there is for that.

Reasons:
    (1) The minimum caliber I want for self defense is .380
    (2) Weight and size: It easily fits into your pocket without weighing it down too much.
    (3) Reliability: Top notch. I had a Walther PPKs in .380. It jammed regularly. The Ruger doesn't.
    (4) Sights: Quite frankly, the sights on my gun suck. They're better on the newer models. But that's why I bought the gun with a laser.

So when I can't carry my regular concealed-carry 9 mm, this will be my go to gun.

Disclaimer: I had a CC license in Florida. Don't have it yet in Texas, so I don't currently carry. Will change that soon.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  20. Moroco Mole

Moroco Mole G&G Evangelist

Ohio
    Love mine. Its my primary carry. If it gets messed up No big deal. Hides really well.
    Like it so well, I bought an spare "new old stock" LCP, when Ruger came out with the new LCP #2.
    Only mods I made were, a mag guts kit; so I could carry one more round without changing the length of the mag, Changed the take-down pin to a tool-less one, and put some leftover gun cammo film on it to stop the slide from rusting (i sweat a lot).
    I shoot it at least a couple times a month. Always goes bang.
    With the arx ammo, It weighs about the same as my cell. Its so light, I sometimes I find myself checking to see if its there.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018 at 8:26 PM