Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mike,but your suggestion is not working so far, if I pry any harder I'm afread I'll bust the cap. This rifle is about 20yrs. old and the owners manual schematic shows a screw under the Ruger medallion that holds the grip cap on, but dosent say how to get to it. Maybe it can't be done w/o damage. Thanks anyway. Sixbyfive

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ruger pistol grip medallion

Thanks Paul C. I come to the conclusion I won't be able to save the original medallion, which was the whole intent. Win some , lose some. Learn by doing and asking. Located new one at Numrich Gun Parts. Going to experiment a little to see if I can still get it w/o much if any damage. Just the engineer in me I guess. we'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ruger M77 Pistol Grip Medallion

Got it out with no damage. " used hairdryer set on low heat, sharpe thin blade X-acto knife and gently pried out" that was on my sons rifle. Now we'll try it on my brother-in-laws rifle, o-boy-o-boy"""""sweat-sweat. We will see what happens this time "by crackey" Thanks Fellers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.