Ruger MkI

Discussion in 'Ruger' started by pitontheprowl, Mar 16, 2002.

1. pitontheprowl

pitontheprowl G&G Newbie

I would like to know what the difference is with the ruger mark one and mark two clips?? Can I use either or in my mk. 1??

2. JohnD

JohnD Member

the mark 1 holds 9rds and the mark2 holds 10 you can put the 9 in the 10 but not the 10 in the 9 I think.

3. Jim Angelica

Jim Angelica G&G Newbie

There are some cosmetic differences on the receiver where you withdraw the bolt as well as a couple of internal differences. Bottom line it is much the same pistol wit the exception of a "hold open" device.

4. KidKwiK

KidKwiK G&G Newbie

So does the MKI have a hold open device or the MKII? My MKII doesn't hold open after last shot.

5. pitontheprowl

pitontheprowl G&G Newbie

The difference between the Ruger mkI and mkII are how the slide is held open. On the mkI when you pull the slide back you then flip the safety up. On the mkII, the have a safety and a slide lock.
    All the replacement mags. I have found are 10 rnds. Some say they will fit both guns, I amgoing to order a couple this week and if they dont fit, then I guess I'll just have to go out and buy one of them mkII with the six inch heavy barrel, in stainless?? HAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!
    Thanks for the help guys.