Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Do you know the Ruger New Blackhawk .44 Mag with a 7,5" barrel? It looks fine, and it must be very accurate with such barrel! Any experience with that gun?

Regards

Jonas

·
Chief Troll B' Gone
4,625 Posts
Yeah, I've had a Super Blackhawk for a couple of years now, very accurate, and tough as nails.

·
Registered
362 Posts
currently own all the calibers that ruger offers in the blackhawks and a superblackhawk. All are great guns and fine shooters. Just wish they would bring back some of thier old offerings, such as the 32h&r/32-40, or the 40s&w/10mm buckeyes. oh well always gunshows to find the missing ones.

·
Chief Troll B' Gone
4,625 Posts
I want a Super Blackhawk in .454 Casull, I wish Ruger would look into that.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I've shot a Ruger Blackhawk in both .44mag and .45. My uncle has the .44, and while I'm not an amazing shooter with it, he can group 1inch bulls-eyes at 35 yards consistently.

The .45 is mine, and honestly, I like it more than the .44. The cowboy loads are a lot cheaper than the .44mag rounds, and you can buy hunting loads in .45 that can exceed energy of a .44, which is fun to take advantage of if you're using a revolver that can handle the pressures, like a blackhawk.

But, I'd get what you want. A .44mag hunting round and .45LC hunting round are very close. The only big difference is that the .45 is .018 inches larger in diameter.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have NMBHs in .30 car, .357, .44 and .45. The .44 is the most recent, SS 5 ½” barrel. It is the best made of any of my .44 frame guns and is very accurate. However, I prefer the .45 for general range use. It has more versatility, particularly with a .45 ACP cylinder. The best built Ruger single actions that I have seen are a pair of 50th Anniversary Blackhawks in .357 that I got for my wife for CAS.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts