Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so need a little help from peanut gallery...as anyone ever shot a SIG p2009 (or even a sig 229).

Is the recoil control as bad as glocks? are all polymer framed pistols as bad at recoil control?

I've shot a cz 75 P01, a ruger p89, and a S&W 5906 this was after shooting a glock which I originally thought I liked.

It was like night and day. I liked the feel of the metal frame guns better than the glocks. I felt they had much better control of the recoil..after each shot (it felt like)the only thing that moved was the slide...I didn't feel like I had to control the gun.

I like the SIG name, and the reliability that goes with it, but not if it shoots like glock.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
The Sigpro's (plastic framed Sigs) have a much different recoil feel than Glocks do. They feel much more like the classic framed Sigs, they just have a slightly different ballance, due to the lighter frame. From the pistols that you've listed I get the feeling your looking for a pistol in the $450-$550 price range, am I correct? I would look for a used classic frame Sig (226, 220, 228, 229). James at Ordnance Outsellers has great deals on Certified Preowned Sigs
http://www.ordnanceoutsellers.com/index.htm

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
My Steyr M40 has had better recoil control than any metal framed pistol I've fired. Your results may vary on other polymer and metal framed pistols though.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
little more info

I originally thought I liked glocks...I had never heard a bad word said about them..reliable..indestrucable..simple to clean, left in concrete for a month broken out and fired...it is the AK-47 of pistols...

I decided to go on a "gun tour" and try some pistols that are within my price range and that I like...I shot a glock 19, glock 17, sw9ve, S&W 5906, a CZp01,and ruger p89.

I ruled out the steyr (mostly becuase I didn't like how it felt when I picked it up) the sw9ve becuase it jammed 5 times within 100 rds (granted it was a rental, but none of the other rental ever jammed)...and the glock becuase the ruger felt 10x better to shoot..made the glock shoot like poop...

I don't want to miss an opportunity to get a good gun at a good price..butI don't want to buy something I'll hate..if the SIG feels likethe glock I'm be sad

I'm onyl using this for range/target so glock reliability can be substituted..however I was pissed when the sw9ve kept jamming so great feel only goes so far... I hoping the SIG is best of both...

·
NOT a new member
1,719 Posts
I have both a Jericho 941 and a baby eagle and I consider them to be one of the finest automatics made, especially that you can afford to buy today. I have had three Glock 17's all of which I bought new over the years and all three were far from an ideal weapon in my opinion. Every few rounds fired you would get an ejected shell that would come straight back over the Glock and ding you in the face. I was told there was a fix for this but for a high dollar new piece you shouldn't have to get a fix. I also disliked the grip size and overall handling ability of the glock.
The Baby Eagles are abit heavier but handle quite nicely and the night sites on the 941 are the cats meow.
tim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts