Gun and Game Forum banner

41 - 60 of 84 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Thanks Scott :right:

I'll be trying to find some custom fake ivory grips for this Ruger P-90..Lettgrips used to have some

·
Tradehawker LLC / www.tradehawker.com / Jn 17:17
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
LD, you made a sound buy. Just for your information: the old 7 round mags for the P90 are super reliable. The newer 8 round mag used for the P90 and the P97 have a Chip McCormick follower. I have only had one FT Feed with Cor-Bon ammo using this magazine. The first round will nose dive on the feed ramp. I have also had this same FT Feed Using Cor-Bon ammo in my Sig 220ST using the new Sig 220 8 round magazine and the new Novak Sig 220 8 round magazine. Cor-Bon is jam prone in .45 ACP so test it if you plan to use it. Other than that I have yet to have a second's trouble out of my P90s. I recently saw one with a cracked frame due to a faulty aftermarket guiderod, digest over 100 .45ACP +p rounds before the problem was diagnosed. The P90 functioned flawlwssly as if nothing was wrong.

L

·
0 Posts
I'll have to shoot it and report back..I like it..and I'd love to find some fake ivory grips for it :right:

L

·
0 Posts
I shot two fifty round boxes of 230 grain FMJ ammo through it..Remington UMC & Winchester white box..I definitely like the Winchester better and so does my Ruger..it sure does bite my hand though..the web between my thumb and triggerfinger..like a Browning Hi Power or PPK bites

anyway it hits 3 inches low and two inches left at 25 yards :guitar: :gangster:

oh yeah it sure do buck too !

·
Tradehawker LLC / www.tradehawker.com / Jn 17:17
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Logansdad said:
I shot two fifty round boxes of 230 grain FMJ ammo through it..Remington UMC & Winchester white box..I definitely like the Winchester better and so does my Ruger..it sure does bite my hand though..the web between my thumb and triggerfinger..like a Browning Hi Power or PPK bites

anyway it hits 3 inches low and two inches left at 25 yards :guitar: :gangster:

oh yeah it sure do buck too !

Great firearm for the $!

L

·
0 Posts
I might be selling it..to raise money for the Colt I've had my eye on :) :rolleyes: :insane:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Not a P97, but a KP345PR that's proving out well. Keeps my P97 and my 2 P95s company. :)

--
Mike

·
Registered
86 Posts
Wolff Spring Kit for P-series

I had heard that they were unreliable in the P-series, but the price was so good on e-Bay I couldn't resist.

Bought the spring pack for the P-series that has 19lb, 20lb, and 21lb hammer springs. The factory spring is 22lb. I installed the 19lb spring thinking it would be too light and never work (Hey, I read it on the internet so it has to be true, right?).

Change is tremendous! I went through a box of Wolf 230 grain steel case ammo today without a hitch. Trigger pull is MUCH lighter with the 19lb spring. I want to try several different brands before I decide to stay with this spring, but I have always been told that this stuff has some of the hardest primers.

Now I need to install adjustable sights and shim the wobble out of the trigger :target:

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Just picked up a brand new KP89/15 with a manual safety. It came with 2/15 rd. clips and a safety pad lock. Will be heading down to Carter's Country to buy a set of Hogue grips for it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
p90

I sure hope you guys are right about the p90 I pick one up next week the p90 special addition, I love the feel of the hoag grips

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi all, just picked up a p90 a couple months ago and I am in love. The feel in my hand, the weight of a well built hand cannon, and accurate to boot! I've shot Glock's before... if you like the toy gun look. Not for me.
Still trying to find a good CCW holster for it, found a good shoulder rig but that's only good under a jacket. Any ideas?

41 - 60 of 84 Posts