Gun and Game Forum banner

81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,642 Posts
Had a P97 ,got rid of it,shot nasty and wasn't accurate, If ya wanna shoot .45 get a 1911 model of any make any model.
I had a Springfield Defender that cost 750 bucks back when 750 bucks meant something. It was touted as a factory custom defensive gun, but it would only feed ball reliably. For another 175 dollars in gunsmith tweaking, I had my reliable 1911A1, but for the cost I could have had three Rugers (at the time) that worked flawlessly out of the box. This is why Ruger has the following they enjoy now.

·
Tradehawker LLC / www.tradehawker.com / Jn 17:17
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #84 (Edited)
The p90 is no more...

We got a P90 a while back and we both shoot real good with it. It was the wife's idea. Put Hogue grips on it. I hand load 230 grain Hornandy LRN's with 4.5 grains of Bullseye.

The wife had a LCR .38 special+P but shoots much tighter groups with the P90.

I don't see 'em in the Ruger catalog or the Website anymore. Did they stop making them?

The Ruger p90 is no longer made. Just like the discontinuation of the p97... the 345 replaced both in the Ruger catalog. It is sad to see an accurate, reliable, and affordable firearm with the history of the Ruger p90 go the way of the dinosaur.

Just for your information, this was the first live thread ever on Gun and Game when we made a forum software change. Chris and I both remember this thread when we launched the site on Vbulletin software. Great stuff!

81 - 84 of 84 Posts