Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
P89's are awesome guns. The reliability is there if you are looking for it. The condition of the gun is something you need to look at.
What are you looking to do with it.

also, welcome to the site.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Are you buying this new or used? I do not buy used autos unless the dealer guarantees them for 30 days, which some dealers do. I had trouble with a Ruger 9 mm feeding, and my dealer gave me credit toward another gun.

In used handguns I only buy S&W revolvers. There are other good revolvers, of course, but I think S&W has the best triggers.

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
Excellent reliability. They aren't as pretty as some of the other makers but I like them and the prices are usually good.

·
Registered
978 Posts
In the thread "S&W vs. Glock" GoodAim says he likes his P89. Did you buy this gun yet? In my opinion it's kinda big for concealed carry. I get tired of full size guns real quick and revert to a .38 snubby for CC. I keep my full size .38 in the house or sometimes in the car with me.

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
A friend of mine has one that he bought in 1990 that has had tens of thousands of rounds through it. It prints under 3" at 25 yds with cheap CCI Blazer ammo and under 2" with Hornady TAP. It's never had any type of failure that wasn't ammo related. I've tried to buy it from him for years but he won't sell it for any amount.

·
Registered
406 Posts
My p89 is doing great. I am getting better and better at shooting it all the time. I just wish Ruger made one like it that was alittle smaller so it would be easy to carry.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Yea well I don't want to wear a jacket all of the time. I am still thinking about getting a Glock Model 26. Or just going on ahead and using my PA-63.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts