Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy at work I shoot with, wants to sell me his P90 for $300. It's in *like new* condition. Is this a good used price? I'm in Kalifornia, so I'll have to pay the background check, even though I just bought a S&W 9mm Sigma a little more than 30 days ago.
Thanks!

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
The Ruger P90 is a .45 ACP DA Semi-auto That is worth from 375.00 to 450.00 in 100% Condition...That is A great Deal on one !
Question....Do you guys in California have to do private sales through a Dealer ??? That is Just WRONG if you do...I bet the gangstas don't!!!
Rich

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
actually whether or not its a deal depends on your local. around here they can be found N.I.B. for about $350. if in perfect condition $300 is a fair price.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The P90 is a sweet little gun, I picked mine up on-line for about $250 but after shipping and FFL fees, it came out to about $300 so I'd say it's a pretty good deal. Just make sure you look it over real good before you buy though, check for cracks on the slide around the ejection port and on the frame. Also, check for excessive wear on the guide rod(they're just alluminum so they marr up real easy, but I'd go with that than a steel rod, they have problems too). Hope it goes well for you!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
The P-90 is a GREAT gun! $300 is an awesome price, jump on it, you wont be disappointed.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Funny, my wife is looking to sell hers currently. She wants to trade to a Beretta PX40 Storm. If it's in good condition $300.00 is a great deal.

But yeah, check the guide rod, it's always seemed a little "fiddly" on hers, especially when reassembling it after a thorough cleaning.

But after several years hers, at least, shows no appreciable wear at all. Mind you, we're pretty fanatical about maintenence.

But it is a nice .45 and great for left-handers (as she is).

Buy it, if it's like new, you're sure to enjoy it.

- Coeloptera

·
Premium Member
7,702 Posts
Did you ever do that deal? That isn't a bad deal on that series of gun if you could get him down a little more, it would e an awesome deal

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep, went for it. Paid him $300, plus $35 background (DROSS) fee. Haven't shot it yet, but I will submit a range report when I get out!

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
$300.00 for a P90 in good condition is a good deal in California. You will be happy with the gun. The marring on the guide rods does not seem to affect the fuction of the gun, but if it does bother you it polishes up pretty easily.

To answer Mooseman's question yes we have to go through a dealer for a private sell.

Despoiler

·
Registered
1 Posts
is the ruger still avaliable

please let me know The price isn't great but its not that bad either ...I am in La. And I can by a new one for about $370-390 depends where you shop but I maybe interested if it still for sale

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Haha! No, i would say it isn't available as he said he bought it... Not to mention that this thread was started in 2007!

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I don't have a P90, but I have a P85MarkII (before they changed it to P89) I paid $300 NIB back in 1992. After all these years, and a couple thousand rounds, it still looks new. I've been offered $300 for it (and the 15 rd mags) just recently, so I'd think out in Cali-ville $300 was a good buy. I've heard alot of Ruger bashing online in recent years, but as for gun buys, I think it was my best purchase for the money. They make great pistols.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Lol. Seriously guys, any and all prices in this thread, are probably invalid now. This thread was from nearly 2 years ago.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ruger P90

Had a P89 until wife lost her job-only thing i ever had to do was wear a small area into the ram for it in order to accomodate hollow points. Very nice weapon, almost No jams with RELOADS, none at ALL with factory, so hell yes i'd recommend Ruger semi auto's for anyone serious about anything Handgunning. Would LOVE to find a ruger P90 or P89 right now, as we're recovering nicely from Obummer's Bull and i have a LOT of 9mm and .45 still on hand with no weapons to use them in. (Damn him Anyway).
IF someone knows a dealer with a P89 And a P90, be Happy to take them off his hands.

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
I always price check with gunbroker.com. Check the prices of ones that have been BID on.

I LOVE my P90, btw.

The FN P90 is a FEARSOME submachine gun BTW.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts