Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a used Ruger P95 DC 9mm today for $219.00 in very good condition..
Appears to have a high capacity magazine.
Anyone have any experience with this model?
I have not shot it yet.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,193 Posts
Shot my stainless yesterday...great guns....I assume yours is blue at that price...I had a blue one and sold it ONLY because I wanted a stainless...have fun...

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
I've not shot the 95 but I have the 'father'...the P85.

I enjoy shooting it though I can't say it's my most accurate 9MM and I believe the slight lack of accuracy is due to the overstuffed grips I have on it right now. Although my hands are fairly large my fingers are somewhat shorter than I'd like. So, with the current grips I can just barely get my fingertip on the trigger.

It's a stout gun and the only thing I've had to do was have the slide guide pin replaced when Ruger issued the recall way back when.

In short, if the 95 is anything like the 85 you've got a superb gun. Have fun......shoot straight......safety first.

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
It was my first duty weapon. Still have it and completely trust it today. Great gun at a very affordable price! Good purchase.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Appreciate the comments. Waiting for this weekend to take a run out to Pike National Forrest and try it out. Yes NRA Joe ...it is a blued version.
Checked the Ruger website and the serial number is listed as manufactured in 1998.
Previous owner(s) must of rarely fired it as I cannot find even normal wear for a gun that old.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,193 Posts
Kool............:right:

·
Registered
11 Posts
i own 2 ruger p95dc love them both.gave 1 of them too my son as his first pistol.they will eat any ammo you throw at it.prob the most underrated 9mm on the market.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,193 Posts
Yes it is under rated!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
P95dc

Finally got out and fired the P95DC.
It is on the bulky side but then I do not intend to carry it.
Some days ya get lucky. The day I bought it was a lucky day.
Thumbs up on this firearm
My first 9mm

My friend who is a retired Career Army Sargent liked it also. That is high praise coming from him.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I liked this firearm so much I sold it to my brother. Liked it but sold it you ask? My brother owns one handgun for household defense. I trust this firearm to protect my brother. We liked the fact it was a decocker without an additional safety. You simply point and pull the trigger. Nothing to remember under stress. Local Fort Carson soldiers are buying it for that exact reason to take to Iraq.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,193 Posts
P95DC's capping towelheads! Excellent! :D

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes it was blued.
Brother really likes it. Takes it out every weekend to practise. Thats another thing great about that gun....9mm cheap ammo.
Little does he know he is hooked. Bet he buys another handgun within a few months.
Bet its a 45acp too.
hehe....been there done that.
Bet you have too.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Same thoughts. The P95DC was my first handgun. I always loved it, it was always cheap to shoot, and it worked EVERY time. Never thought I'd find anything I liked enough to make me sell it, then I took my CZ85 to the range the first day. I miss it though...I'll probably end up buying another....or maybe a P94.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It's the only 9mm I own. Have had it for a number of years, blued version, and I think it's a great auto. Seems to shoot any ammo I run through. For me it is a natural pointer, sights line up very quickly with my aged eyes. I believe it is probably the best buy in a 9mm out there.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have a P95DC that I purchased in 2000 and I love it. I don't get to shoot it as much as I would like - I would estimate that I have only put about 800 or so rounds thru it. My question is this: How many rounds can I expect to put thru it before it needs something more than routine cleaning? and what signs should I look for that it needs something more than that? I clean it well after each time I fire it, and normally put 50 or 100 rounds thru it per range visit.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Jay1958

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,193 Posts
You should...I'll never get rid of my stainless slide one...

·
Registered
1 Posts
jam

I just bought a 95DC and it just started to not allow the clip to insert completley. it gets half way in then seems to be hitting something near the ejector. does anyone know what that could be?

any clue about my post? why my mag might not load all the way?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts