Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think about the P95 in 9mm Luger?
Shot my nephews today and I liked it well.Thinking of getting one for myself.

·
Banned
4,449 Posts
Rented P95 and fired it, and ended up buying a P89 for myself. Great gun, I already ran 3 thousand rounds through my ruger not a single issue. I do have one dislike of it though. The trigger travel distance is a bit long, otherwise all around solid gun.

·
Banned
4,449 Posts
89 is an older model so I got it for cheaper, they even look identical. I think the 95 may be a bit lighter. Otherwise they feel like the same gun to me.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not real familiar with the pistols,that's why I asked.
Want something I can carry with me and keep next to me at night.

·
Banned
4,449 Posts
If you are looking into carry and conceal I would look for a more compact gun. You can't hold the rugers locked and cocked because of the safety mechanism and they are a bit bulky.

However, a ruger will spit out any dirt ammo you toss in it and beg for more and keep doing it. Built like a rock and always gives solid performance. I definitely love my Ruger P89, but I wouldn't choose it for a conceal and carry, but that is just my opinion.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
What would you recommend then?

Not necessarily gonna conceal it,just carry in my vehicle and as a sidearm during hunting season.

·
Registered
65 Posts
first off let me say that i have a p95 and it is great i have never had a malfuntion of any kind and i know that i can hit a milk jug at 100 yrds every time i could probably do better but thats all i have tried.

if you are carrying it in your car or when you are hunting it is the perfect size you dont want to get anything to small because it will have smaller grips and might not be as confertable to shoot

·
Banned
4,449 Posts
What would you recommend then?

Not necessarily gonna conceal it,just carry in my vehicle and as a sidearm during hunting season.
P95 would be good then, I was assuming you wanted to conceal it. I mean you can't beat a Ruger for the dollar.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info fellers,Ithink my nephew paid around $260.00 for his P95(nib),is that about right?

·
Registered
65 Posts
i got mine in december nib for 350 at acadamy i actualy wanted a glock but couldnt afford one, but now i wouldnt trade my p95 for anything its a great gun you might want to look into if you want the regualer model or the deckocer model p95dc if you dont want a saftey to fool with then get the dc model its still as safe as any revolver but you dont have to wory about a saftey

1 - 15 of 15 Posts